Friday, December 23, 2005

Toodle-oo

Well everyone, this is it. The last day before globe trotting. We thought we had planned well enough to avoid any Christmas dinners (you know by leaving on the 24th) but at the last minute, the mother in-law decided to "bring dinner" when she came last evening to pick up the dog. (She'll be entertaining our Sara for the next two weeks) Well, she also brought the family, and gifts and food and wine. This was all fine except that they arrived before spouse returned from work, and that brother in-law was already three sheets to the wind. I gave spouse a call on his cell:

"They're HERE. Where the #$% are you?"

"I'm on the bus, they're early."

"Your brother is drunk and I didn't even get to finish cleaning."

"I'm sorry, I'll be there in five minutes."

The evening progressed and brother in-law grew more and more belligerent and insulting.

(Insert huge family drama, screaming, crying, the finger being thrust into faces with huge "fuck you's", the final proclomation from Spouse for everyone to GET OUT, then the terrible guilt he felt for throwing his family out.)

Ah, just the thing we were looking to avoid. Christmas just really lets some people SHINE.

Puerto Vallarta here we come!

I won't be posting every day over the holidays but I will check in from an internet cafe from time to time (I'm guessing a couple updates a week, but no promises.)

Thanks to all the blogger friends made this year. You've made me feel part of a great big writing club, where we all encourage each other to keep it up. I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday (drama-free if possible) filled with good eats, good friends, and good times.

Bye!

9 comments:

_Psycho said...

Hey, I enjoyed reading you daily all year long, actually it's impressive that you write day after day, I have been slacking a lots and it's hard to not skip some days ;)

Make sure to leave me some Tequila at Puerto Vallarta, don't drink it all !

Have a good time ! See you in 2006 ;)

Adam said...

Ah well. Enjoy your holiday and put all that crap behind you.

I've really enjoyed reading your blog this year and I'm happy to have met you. Relax and leave the blog behind. See you in 2006!

joey said...

Have a fantastic vacation - and holiday!

r said...

I'm sorry it was so icky. Just think, maybe it's in direct proportion to the amount of fun you'll have on your vacation.

Talk to you soon, I hope!
Cheers.

jjd said...

I'm glad to have met you too, look forward to the new year together. Bring back lots of sexy pics, and have a very merry christmas.

Patricia said...

i wish a warm, merry christmas to you both. eat, drink, and be naughty. it'll be nice.
hugs.

Tony Adams said...

The family drama you recount exactly matches my upbringing (minus the F-word, which was never uttered, even in anger).

Florida was invented for exactly this reason.

The Raven said...

I feel your pain...family is fine in small doses, but man, why do some always feel the need to nit pick or start something?? Family gatherings can be like science experiemnts from high schoo;. throw all the unknowns into the mix and can end up with a volatile mix. I hope you enjoy your time away, it will do wonders for you.

epicurist said...

Have a much needed rest in PV, you lucky bastards! ;-p