The storm is over. Over a foot of new snow. At one point yesterday evening, there was comedy-o-rama outside our window. Every car that went into the little shopping center parking lot across the street got instantly stuck. There were 4 cars in a row that drove into the trap. It took them a good hour to get back out of the parking lot, me giggling at the spectacle. I'll try to get some pics of the new thicker white coat for tomorrow. For today, I've got a meme. I was tagged plus I'm lazy, so here goes. If you like it, consider yourself tagged as well.
The 10 Things Meme
1. When you were born, how much did you weigh?
I believe it was 7 pounds 10 ounces. Hard to believe my head weighs over twice that now.
2. What's your sugar poison?
Ice cream. That's because I love it, but don't digest it well.
3. If you had to choose between meat and cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Then be specific.
Cheese. There is much more variety in cheese than meats, though I could probably live on nothing but cheese fondue and avocados. I'd miss pork products though.
4. What, in your opinion, is the worst song ever?
It's a Small World. God I hated that ride as a kid, with that stupid song blasting all the way through. I don't listen to lyrics (such a crime I know), so it really comes down to the tune, which in this case is grating and repetetive.
5. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?
Probably Mrs. Shandy in 6th grade. I remember her explaining "nocturnal emissions" to us and my hoping that that would never happen to me. I loved her though because she was not only honest, but she really made me learn and encouraged us to follow our dreams. She drove us to the library every two weeks, as the total class of 5 students fit into her car.
6. What personal activity, when performed in public, bothers you the most?
Probably farting on the subway. I hate that. You're trapped having to breathe the molecules of shit emitted from a stranger's anus.
7. Ok, there's a $50 bill lying on the ground. You pick it up. Dumbfounded by your incredible luck, what do you selfishly purchase?
I wouldn't selfishly purchase anything, I'd selfishly put it in the bank.
8. Do you have a recurring nightmare? If so, explain.
No, but I've had recurring dreams in the past that were unpleasant. Every few months I dream I step into the street in front of an oncoming bus. Usually just as I'm falling asleep.
9. Name one place on Earth you've never been, but vow to visit at least once.
Tokyo and Japan in general. I am fascinated by that culture and would like to marinate in it a bit.
10. You notice that question #9 wasn't really a question. You feel smart for catching such a small detail. What else can you do really well that reminds you how smart you are? Remember to leave a modest answer here. I didn't notice it wasn't a question, but it did command a response which is really the same thing.