* The city is one big Christmas card these days, everywhere you look, you see scenes like this.
*I came home the other day and the TV was set to a music channel (one of a bunch of genre based feeds on the cable) that was so pleasant. I was enjoying the Muskrat Love and Theme from Somewhere in Time when they said, "Galaxy Easy Listening Radio." Christ, I'm a geezer.
* The first time I worked a cash register, I was so enthralled with being entrusted with money and working machinery. My enthusiasm was not meant to be interpreted as "I'd like to do this for the next 30 years."
* If you put others' needs before your own, you're either selfless or codependent. If you take care of your own needs first, you're either smart or selfish. I think of these types of conflicting messages as God's jokes.
* I resented so much having to buy snow tires and now I feel like it was the wisest money ever spent.
* Yesterday was the big annual charity drive by the media in Montreal. All the big TV and radio personalities were out ringing their bells collecting. It's fun seeing the "stars" on the streets (freezing their butts off) working for a good cause.
* It costs the city $17 million to clear away the snow after a storm in Montreal. It's 4100 km of streets to clear, and takes 5 days.
* Though 'm gay, I don't really think this is a gay blog. Being gay is just a part of my life, no more or less remarkable than being left-handed or blue-eyed. (One of which I am and the other not.)
* 18 shopping days left and I haven't even started. At least I got the cards out yesterday.