Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hawaii '93 part 2

part 1

I see in my journal of this trip written, "Would have been fun if Milan had been here." That saddens me right there, that I was wistful about having sex with an inanimate human object. On another page it says, "horny and no place to JO." I can't recall thinking those things even as I sit here digging, the memories are lying deep under the stack of time, each day since then having added a new layer like rings beneath bark. The more rings you have, the more impenetrable the layers become. I bring these things up as they seem relevant to how the story culminates. But not just yet darlings, you've got to muck through the mundane before you get to the prize, or perhaps you've got to eat through the sweet peachy flesh before you reach the pit. Which analogy is better will be up to you to decide.

On the big island, my favorite place, with its wild newness and baby face, we saw living volcano and the earth breathing fiery mist into the air. We trekked through the rainforest on the rainy side of the island. We drove through one of the most beautiful places on earth, the name of which I can't recall, I think it started with a "w", (the journal only says "the town at the summit") at the crest between the rainy and dry side of the island. I just remember feeling like I was driving through a painting, indeed I'd only seen views like this on canvas. We also went to a nude beach. I had never been to one before. Gay guy pretending to be straight's girlfriend joined up with us for the final week of the trip and I remember her cloying to him like a wet sweater. She was as skinny as olive oyl and looked like a grasshopper attached to him. We took a footpath toward the legendary nudist spot, all of us giggling along the way, none of us sure how we would behave once we got there. We arrived to the cliff overlooking the beach. Like albino seals, the naked humans dotted the beach below. We nervously climbed down the path aware of the eyes scanning us from the beach and all the while feeling safe as a group, clothed in usual bathing garments. It was gay guy pretending to be straight and his girlfriend who got naked first. They made a big show of it, getting into the water and THEN removing their garments and tossing them up onto the beach. Of course none of us saw any of the goods except olive oyl's sand-dollars occasionally between the waves.Then they called out to coax us into getting naked. I complied good-naturedly but stayed on the beach and turned over mooning everyone. Nobody else took their clothes off. It was unnerving to be the only one naked and showing, but I had thought that everyone would follow. Nope. I even turned over and sat indian-style while talking to them. Still no following. Then gay guy pretending to be straight exited the water, both hands covering his crotch, only to retrieve the bathing garments and put them back on under water. As I look back on that now, they were the weird ones, not me. We stayed a couple hours and headed back to the hotel. The next day was back to Honolulu for the end of our trip. I wondered about the cute waiter in the bar. Would Jeff be there? Would two days be enough to squeeze in getting laid? Would this vacation finish like no other? The answer as you'll soon see, is yes, yes and yes.

17 comments:

My adventures said...

I can't wait to find out, but really only came by this morning to find your poo chart from a while back!! I've been having some issues lately with the divorce and all and needed to see a visual and you're blog came to mind as the place to find my answer!! ha!! Love the story!!

Snooze said...

Yay for YOU for having the guts to get naked! I can't stop laughing over the image of the gay guy covering his crotch when he emerged from the water.

My adventures said...

1, 6, and 7 just in case you're interested!! ha!!

Lemuel said...

Indeed, they were the weird ones!

You are a tease: telling us the ending, but since we've read you long enough, we know that there must be some kind of twist.

Your references to the entries in your journal reminded me of my entries in a journal during my one and only trip to Europe. Every once in a while I pull it out and read it, rediscovering events that had become cobwebs and puzzling over phrases that I no longer fully understand.

Anonymous said...

Getting Lei'd part 2 was every bit as interesting as the first part. I have never been to a nude beach but assumed that nudity on said beach would be required. The big Island of Hawaii is one of the wettest places on earth. The name of the town started with a "w" doesn't almost every town on the Islands start with W? I can't wait for the climax of the story. Ed

Patricia said...

She was as skinny as olive oyl and looked like a grasshopper attached to him.

perfect.

bravo for your bravery. gay guy pretending to be straight (ggptbs) sounds like a dweeb. undress in water, cover the goods, redress in water. puhlease.

GayProf said...

GGPTBS would have been less lame if he had not bothered to remove his swim trunks at all.

Anonymous said...

Every time I've even taken off my top at a nude beach the sun has gone behind clouds.

I'm no longer allowed to disrobe at the beach.

Poor girl. I feel bad for her.

Polt said...

Very desciptive writing!

Going to a nude beach and not getting nude...how silly.

HUGS...

Java said...

eagerly anticipating the next installment...

A Lewis said...

I've missed a few days of reading. But I see that I've arrived just in time for the good part! Go naked! Go naked! Go naked!!!!

Rox said...

Sand dollars!!!

I've never been to a nude beach but I've been skinny dipping way up north where the sun doesn't really go down. I hope I didn't look like a grasshopper or Olive Oyl! Ahh, I probably just looked like a drunk, horny teenager.

Cooper said...

Getting laid Friday coming up ... yay! I love the layered way you are writing this, Torn. Beautiful descriptions of every hue beckoning to the next chapter ...

ChickenStrip said...

Hmmm...now you'll have me wondering...

Mark in DE said...

You're right: they were the abnormal ones for going to a nude beach and not wanting to be nude. You had the right attitude of 'when in Rome, do as the Romans'.

Mark :-)

Patrick said...

Man, between you and Java, suddenly my blog reading is involving cliff-hangers. Thank god you two post so regularly. I'm not a patient person when it comes to good stories.

David said...

I wait for the safety of the dark to get naked.

I don't have the balls to even go to a nude beach. I might even giggle like a school girl if I went.