* In the park yesterday, there were some old guys feeding the animals. It was strange to see birds and squirrels together "begging".
* Before cars, life was a lot of walking punctuated by sitting. Now, it's the opposite - lots of sitting punctuated by walking.
* On July 10th it was chilly outside. It can be cold anytime here.
* Someone approached me for a cigarette. They had mistaken my tootsie roll stick sticking out of my mouth for a cigarette. I grinned as I said, "Sorry, I don't smoke."
* Habit and addiction are just shades of the same color. They can be good or bad.
* If you get everything you want, you'll invent new things to want. It's the "wanting" that is flawed.
* One of the slogans of the quitters is "Don't buy, don't bum, don't ashtray drive." I have to admit that in the past, I've done all those things when quitting.
* I've got a hard job today. I have to tell the girl that I offered the apartment to that we're giving it to someone else. Strictly business decision. (He's ready to move in sooner, has money, will sign for one year.) She will learn that she has to have money to put down when she decides to lease an apartment. (She won't have any til next Tuesday.) Still, the guilt monster is eating at my insides. I keep thinking about her shrieking, "I'm so happy!" when I offered the apartment to her on Tuesday, sigh.