* I got some good shots at the Botanical Gardens this week. All the dahlias are in bloom. Trying out the macro functions on the camera, I got this nice closeup shot. I left it pretty big if you click it.
* It's been so hot and humid around here that the towel I use to dry off after my morning shower is mildewed by the next day.
* Rosy-Lipped Batfish
* Here's something fairly new I've noticed. I'll be surfing the net and the ads all come up in French no matter where I surf. I guess very few English speakers live in my neighborhood. It also shows you how your IP address is being used to target advertising to you.
* I drove by a field yesterday (had to run to Costco for some cream cheese, of course I left a hundred and seven dollars poorer, which to be honest, is probably the lowest amount I've ever spent there) and there were bursts of yellow color created by wildflowers. I thought it looked like pieces of the sun had fallen on the meadow.
* These are the orchid people. There were several types like this where the flowers had "faces".
* Being snide, Em noted that I'm not living in Canada, I'm just living in America Adjacent.
* There was a beeping sound all day yesterday and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It sounded "beep" about every 10 seconds and each time I went to the area where it sounded like the sound was coming from, it sounded like it was coming from elsewhere. Maddening. Finally, last evening, I figured it out. It was the dishwasher, though I have no idea why it was making that sound. All I did was close it completely and it stopped.
* This was at the Just for Laughs festival. David and I both took pictures of us being the swung around lady.