* Although he looks sad as usual, he is all recovered from his kennel stay. The month long med regime did wonders and now you`d never know anything was wrong with him. Yay!
* I sort of broke my new year's resolution. I say sort of because I was asleep when it happened. I had read about the phenomenon of sleeptexting but was horrified to discover that I had done it. I marvel at my subconscious and the text that started out, "I am not a bad person." In a perfect world my texts are blocked but there is no way for me to know for sure. I deleted all contact info so it can't happen again.
* Started playing Trivia Crack. Sometimes I get a bunch of answers in a row but other times, like when the sports category comes up, I can't even get one. Who cares what number is on who's jersey? Sheesh.
* My class is kicking my butt once again. I was supposed to start a second class tomorrow but I decided last week to drop it. I know when I was young I worked and went to school full time. At my age I can't even imagine it.
* We put our building back on the market. We are trying to sell this time without an agent. We have been bombarded by agents calling to get the listing. Ugh. We are hoping that this third time is the charm. If it isn't it's not a big deal but if it sells, we may live my dream of travelling around South America for a year learning Spanish.
* Getting ready for a visit from friends who have never been to Montreal this weekend. We are excited to play tour guide and take them for their first ever Sugar Shack. I remember my first time so I hope we have picked a good place for them. It's here.
* Serge and I got on the waiting list for a family doctor finally. I was prioritized more highly than Serge because of my hypertension. My estimated wait time is 6 months to a year. His is at least 2 years. There are flaws in the universal healthcare system.
* As some of you know, I failed on the quitting smoking. I have just been rushing myself and wasn't quite ready yet. One thing I have learned over the last couple years is that you can't rush emotional processes, but that they are indeed finite. I will definitely quit smoking before next winter.
* Speaking of winter, it is snowing once again outside my window. It is so amazing the difference in how I feel seeing the first snow of the season versus the last snow. I'm hoping that this is it, but we usually get at least one snow event in April, sigh.
* We are sad HBO cancelled Looking. It was a great show and even though it was hard for me to watch at times, I wish it would continue. At least Californication and Nurse Jackie are coming back next month.
* Okay that's all I've got today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll give Georgie a smooch for you.
What will Georgie do when you travel around to South America? She can stay with Molly and Sadie.
maybe you can get Obamacare there..it's not perfect but I've never had to wait more than a couple of days for an apt..that's scary.. snow..sigh*..it's in 70's today and in 80's thru the weekend..sun shinny and all is well in West, Texas
What??? You are trying to sell without a realtor??? Shame on you! And how will you know if you are doing things according to the local laws, if you are covering all your bases, and utilizing all legal protections? Who is going to open the house for showings while you're at work??
Hi Mark, Serge here. I am always home and we have all the legal papers from a company that specialises in that sort of selling.
Hi, Torn. Have you checked with your parents about sleepwalking as a child? A lot of folk grow out of it, but sometimes it carries over. NEW sleepwalking is kind of rare; might get you into a doc sooner. Just a thought. Hope you are well!
Hey Torn. keep trying on the smoking thing. took me three (agonizing) tries this past year. The Valentines Day attempt seems to have worked. (fingers crossed). i know what you mean about being emotionally ready. having a supportive partner sure helps. Hugs. Rob
Try QuizUp, if you haven't already discovered it. Heaps of categories. Good site.
a tip from a retired real estate. if your property hasn't sold in 2 years its priced too high. its not worth what you think its worth, its worth what a buyer will pay for it. real estate 101. you try sale by owner or have Donald trump market it wont sale until the price is dropped dramatically.
Post a Comment