Monday, March 06, 2006

A cold walk in the park


Dear Spring,
I think that I can speak for all of us up here in the great white north when I say that we are anxiously awaiting your arrival. And though it appeared that you were stirring way back in January, it appears that you easily fell back into a deep sleep. But now as the sun prods your sleeping ass from your den in the sky, you only get to hit the snooze button for two more weeks.

We have missed you.

Over these long winter months, we have tried to embrace the old man, albeit through a dozen layers of fabric. We have been amused by snot-cicles, we have bitterly resented the harsh north wind. We have become fully aware of the filth one produces cooped up inside all the time. We have been cold.

I hope this letter finds you well rested and ready for another exciting year waking up the trees and inviting earth's creatures back to enjoy the explosion of life you induce. We are ready to come alive too.

Peeing my pants with anticipation,

Tornwordo

10 comments:

Snooze said...

Ah, and I was just in Montreal lamenting that Toronto isn't a true winter city. I miss the cold (mind you, not when it gets lower than -15C). However, I do love longer days.

Kevin said...

Yeah, I moved from the arctic midwest because I couldn't handle winters anymore. I don't know how you Canadians do it. ;)

St. Dickeybird said...

Winter is the one thing i hate about living in Canada.

r said...

Nicely done. I like it when you write about nature.

I'm ready for Spring too; even though I can hear your condescending laughter about the non-Winter I experience.

dantallion said...

"snot-cicles"

*giggle*

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Your doggie seems to like the cold ;-)

Shauntae AuPair said...

Um, peeing one's pants in a Montreal winter is not so good. Chaffs the thighs.

I may be super diseased, but at least the weather's nice. It's sunny and 28 degrees celcius outside my office right now. Suh-weet.

_Psycho said...

I need to move to the south !!! God I hate the winter here. No one need a network admin down there in the USA ? ;)

Chunks said...

What is this "Spring" you speak of? We are supposed to get snow and more snow this week...we will be lucky to see "Spring" in May!

Stink Foot said...

Yeah buddy, I can hardly wait for the water temperature in the Pacific returns to a mellow 68 degrees F, so I can go surfing without a wetsuit.