Monday, February 04, 2008

Superimposed

Better today thanks. There's sunshine forecast, that always puts a spring in my step as well. I kept calling spouse "scourge" all weekend, which is what I do when we're the grumpy duo. Em came up with that one a long time ago and it's stuck. Scourge put in 17 hours of work for his job this weekend. I say things like, "it's healthy to set limits at work" and he retorts with something about deadlines and "but it HAS to be done this weekend". He explained the whole thing to me as my eyes glazed over and his speech became a blur of blah blah blah punctuated with Can't and Must and Won't and Have to. A whole host of work characters seem to have conspired unintentionally to have it be this way. He was supposed to paint the bedroom (his words) but no, chained to the computer all weekend.

I read in the paper yesterday that you can get a ticket for having snow on your car. Anywhere on the car as it could fall off and impair the visibility of other drivers. I had no idea, I thought you just had to brush off the windows and lights. I guess I'm lucky I haven't gotten a ticket because there's been snow and ice in the luggage rack on the roof for weeks.

I watched the Superbowl last night. This is only notable since it's the first time ever that I've watched. It was so cool how they superimposed the line the players had to reach to get to first down. It's probably been that way for years, but since I never watch football, I'd never seen it. That fourth quarter had me riveted and spouse was rather horrified that I was watching it. "I don't even know you!" he declared. I wanted the Giants to win and they did. I only wanted them to win so the Patriots would be humbled. Unbeatable would have given the Patriots swelled heads.

19 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

See I wanted the Pats to win so there'd be an undefeated team. No one I root for ever wins, so that'll teach me.

I am shocked that you guys don't watch football, what with the man thing, tight pants, etc etc. I have a gay friend who watches and he gets so hot after the game he runs into his bedroom to beat off (his words!)

Anonymous said...

I never watch any football except the Super Bowl. It is so long and boring. They have 5 minutes left but it last over an hour. If they couldn't ever stop the clock it might be worth watching. Those big guys are hot with all the Testosterone they are flinging around.
It is 47 degrees Farenheit this morning going up to 60 latter today so no snow here but the fog is so thick I can't see across the road. Ed

Anonymous said...

Here in PA you must also have the snow removed from the car - especially roof, etc. There were some accidents (and deaths) involving snow flying off some uncleaned cars and into others causing the accidents.

Of course, it is notable how many motorists ignore it/are unaware of it. It is not unlike the law that also requires the full head lights on whenever you have your wipers on (rain)

bardelf said...

I was rooting for the Patriots, but ultimately it didn't matter. I only watch telecast sports events to show that, as a gay man, I can be versatile and make conversation when the topic of sports inevitably comes up. My gay friends seem appalled that I have knowledge of NASCAR!

Cooper said...

The superbowl ... that's football, right?

We have that same no snow on the vehicle law here, too. I, like most others, rarely completely clear my truck from snow.

Scourge ... now, that's cute.

Rox said...

I'm glad to see your moods' lifted?

I kid. It's just so weird to see you being a Bitter Betty. That's usually my role. You're usually the happy one. I appreciate this side of you though! :)

Football?! Blech.

Lacey said...

I don't even know you.

dirk.mancuso said...

I've never seen a Superbowl (or any football game for that matter). I get confused by all the running around and the horrible outfits.

GayProf said...

I hadn't heard of such a law, but I think it makes sense. There have been several times when I have been consumed in a little mini blizzard falling off somebody else's vehicle.

Anonymous said...

Weird, I watched the Superbowl too. I never do. Did you notice that it was number 42? And it was a good game and an upset too. It went against expectations.

Good luck with your campaign to have work stay at work, she says bitterly.

Go get some Kava tea. If you go to yogitea.com it will tell you where to buy it. A cup a day keeps the blues away.

Birdie said...

I watched friends watch the Superbowl. I don't even have to check in at the ads anymore since they're on YouTube the next day. And they ARE worth watching. Go see Charlie Brown finally win at something!

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1898362&fr=&cache=1

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up at: "I don't even know you!" he declared.

That's soooo funny!

I LOVE football and the G-men have been my team for over 30 years. I felt true joy last night - twice. (grin)

Mark in DE said...

I used to watch football in my 20s when I was trying hard to be straight. (Please try and keep the thunderous laughter at that image to a low roar.) Like most any competition, once you learn the rules it can be entertaining to watch them executed. But about the time I stopped trying to be straight I also stopped watching football.

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

I wanted the Pats for two reasons, #1 Tom Brady and #2 There probably won't be many times that a team will be able to go undefeated in our lifetime. Just wanted to see someone else do it.

ChickenStrip said...

I'm sad about the Patriots but then I really don't care that much about football. It's a once a year thing for me.

Spouse sounds like me. I've been told I'm "boring" when I work all weekend.

All work and no play...yeah, yeah, yeah.

Snooze said...

Gradually you are becoming the king of winter driving. Go Torn! Go Torn!

A Bear in the Woods said...

Oh, so that's who played.

I'd have voted for the ones with the cutest quarterback or something like that.

I'm getting so nelly in my old age.

Jen said...

We always have this "snowhawk" down the roof of the van where we can't reach to brush it off. I've never thought much of it, but last spring after some freeze/thaw action it got blown off in a big icy mass on the Queensway. I would live a life of guilt if we'd caused an accident from it. Now we aim to make the snowhawk as faux as possible.

Anonymous said...

I was impressed with the CG first-down lines when I first saw them, too.