Friday, November 21, 2008

This post is skimmable, or even skippable

Spouse came home yesterday with a new fixture and had it installed within 10 minutes. (Another reminder of why I keep him around.) Apparently the whole shebang was cheaper than replacing those fluorescent tubes. He's always been a fan of halogen, so it's no surprise that he chose this kind for the closet.

I did a bad thing yesterday. It was a lucky thing that I was in class with a long time group I've taught. As I was announcing the next activity (a listening exercise about Manuel Uribe - arguably the fattest man to have walked the earth - and his recent wedding) between a hesitation and the next word, a zesty belch came right out of my mouth. I think it was because I am so comfortable around these guys that my normal prevention of this did not occur. It was like that time I farted alone in the elevator because I had my tunes blaring in my ears. Anyway, I was a bit embarrassed and apologized but they could not stop laughing. After several minutes of them laughing and unable to focus, we took five and left the room to get our (their) composure back. I told them they should be honored that I feel so comfortable around them but they were saying, no no that's quite alright.

Spouse also came home with a big old ham yesterday. He boiled it up and made mashed potatoes to go with. We ate far too much.

22 comments:

Petie said...

I think halogen bulb are quite costly.. Not sure though...

At first glance, I thought they were whipcream and ice-cream :P

Snooze said...

That was fast with the new light fixture. At least now the bulbs will be easy to replace.

What is the French for burp? I never learned that one. It's great that the class was so amused.

Anonymous said...

The new fixture is cool, I didn't know Serge was a licensed Electrician ;)
Eating Ham and smashed potatoes while watching Ellen is a great time. ed

Birdie said...

Who is that with Ellen?

Anonymous said...

Those pictures did not make me salivate.

I like the new light.

Lemuel said...

I'm with Petie: I thought they were bowls of ice cream! LOL!

Polt said...

Watching Chris Matthews with Ellen, eh? Yeah, he's a big old ham too. :)

HUGS...

Rox said...

I love the light! I also thought it was ice cream/dessert products. You farted in an elevator?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Rox fails the reader quiz for the day. Not only did he fart in an elevator, he blogged it. (Natch.)

GayProf said...

Just how big is that closet?

Patricia said...

Uhhh, gotta say. You get zero marks for presentation. Unless you were going for the Potato Mountain look. In that case, good job.

Happy Weekend :)

Doug said...

Nice fixture, but I also thought halogen was 'spensive. If that's what Spouse likes, though...

Why is burping a bad thing? Like people don't do it? If anyone in your class was offended, I'd give them an "F" for lack of understanding.

Lyvvie said...

Ew. I thought it was vanilla frosting and strawberry ice cream. I shouldn't have skimmed.

Anonymous said...

Je n'aurais JAMAIS deviné qu'il s'agissait de jambon!!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to have spouse. That is a fabulous light. I know about closets!!

Anonymous said...

First of all, you've never posted anything that was skippable. Skimmable would be a hard chore as you're posts are totally mesmerizing and full of insights into a fantastic world!

Secondly, the ham and taters look more like ice cream to me! Much more appealing than when I realized what it was. LOL

I love new light fixtures... I"m starting to try replacing our fixtures with LED. A lot of really cook designs and a heck of a lot less energy consumption. My biggest issue was the white holiday bulbs I put in the shop window look blue to me. Oh well, I"ll just call it kosher decorations at christmas!

-C

dykewife said...

halogen lights are quite hot...and not in an aesthetic way. they get quite hot when they're lit and an enclosed space will also get quite warm. they've been known to be fire hazards in those floor lamps when put near draperies but i doubt it's the same for a clothes closet. either way, make sure you turn the light off lest your closet become a sauna (unless you like that sort of thing, then, never mind).

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the chuckle...and nice try at discouraging us from reading about your gaseousness. Nothing to grab our attention like suggesting we could skip the post!

; )

don said...

Now about that photo juxtaposition. If Ellen is the mashed potatoes then who is that guy who is the ham?

Java said...

I showed this picture to my 10 yr old son and asked him what it was. He said "ice cream!!" (which is the way 10 year old boys talk about ice cream) Then I said look really carefully, and I put the screen very close to him. Still ice cream. Then I clicked to embiggen. He said "Aw, man, that's ham and mashed potatoes!" He liked it better when it was ice cream.

Anonymous said...

With a post title like that, you got my curiosity up so of course I read it. Nice psychology!

Mark in DE said...

That new light fixture looks much more sleek and contemporary, like the two of you.

Ham and mashed potatos. Its understandble why you ate too much.

Mark :-)