Saturday, June 24, 2006

Chit chat sat

It's been a great week. And how could it not have been? I'm essentially OFF. But the bike rides and garden visits and lounging about isn't all I do. I play Scrabble, knit, play the piano, listen to the radio, workout and read books. (I like to be constantly engaged.)

What I should be doing is working on the Bookmark project (a small money making idea) and stripping the spare room so that we can tear down the walls and re-drywall it. Soon, I keep telling myself.

Today is the Quebec holiday that is celebrating all things Quebec....so everybody gets drunk. Perfect day for it. I'm not too keen on the nationalist sentiment and the festooning of flags everywhere, but I suppose every place has its "nationalist day".

Spouse and I are taking the bikes out today. Our destination: Les Isles de Boucherville The ferry begins service today and we can get out there with our bikes and look around. It is a national park so it should be worthwhile. I'll take pics. Have a swell Saturday!

8 comments:

Snooze said...

Enjoy your day and don't forget all the sunscreen.

Chunks said...

Can't wait to see the pics/videos. You play the piano? Play us a tune!! Serge can sing, it could be fun!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day! I await the media results as well.

There's lots of time for the Bookmark project and stripping the spare room. It's great that you spent the week winding down with reading, playing and knitting.

I was sick to hear you were a victim of gay-bashing in high school. I too believe that God will take care of the bastards.

Jane

Shauntae AuPair said...

Bonne St Jean!

Anonymous said...

Les Isles de Boucherville looks like the perfect place to go biking. Near the city but still back to nature. I hope you guys have a really good weekend and we won't be bored by the pictures, honest!

GayProf said...

So, what books are you reading?

Nicki said...

What is it about holidays that sends everyone to the liquor store and/or bars?

Not saying I don't participate or don't enjoy doing so, just saying...

Sunshine said...

I think it's so cool that you can knit. :)