Monday, March 09, 2009

Toasted breakfast stuffers

The sun is getting high in the sky finally. The trees will remain bare until May though. It was in the 40's F yesterday, so I went on a long walk and enjoyed the nearly tropical conditions. I saw a guy wearing shorts and I thought, "Let's not exaggerate." Then I chuckled at myself for sounding like an old curmudgeon.

The Subway shop across the street put out a banner announcing that they now have breakfast from 7am. Even though we live on a busy street, I've noticed no one stopping in for breakfast. This seems logical to me, I mean Subway is really not the first thing that comes to mind in the morning. I see that they offer something called "fresh toasted breakfast stuffers" which I can't imagine could be anything other than a sandwich. I mean it's Subway after all.

What else? Serge talked me into upgrading to a balcony on the Bahamas cruise in June. When I say talked me into, I mean that he said, "I'll pay." I kept saying that we should try an interior cabin once because if we like it, we can save a bundle on future cruises. Funny about future cruises though, because at the end of each one, Serge says, "This is the last cruise." And I agree, saying we should try an all-inclusive resort in Cuba or Mexico next time. And then that all goes out the window when a good deal comes along.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We must have almost crossed paths yesterday. We passed by that park yesterday on the way to Les Belles Soeurs. I would have called, but I didn't have your number with me. Next time.

Rox said...

It's -30C here this morning and pitch dark at 7AM. It feels like January all over again. Shoot me with a ball of my own shit.

My adventures said...

You can't pass up a good deal. I prefer to spend the whole time in one place rather than stopping for a few hours here and there. I am considerering another cruise though, just haven't found the right one yet or a really good deal I couldn't pass up.

A Lewis said...

I love being "talked into" things that I really, actually, want to do. We're doing a 5-day short cruise on May 5...San Diego to Vancouver. In a balcony room!

YYZTOOL said...

Oh Serge! Don't waste your money on that balcony. Around the ship you are treated the same whether you have a suite or an inside on deck 2, so spend the money on wine!
You get better bang for those bucks upgrading your floor # higher, and trying to get close to the center of the ship.
In the end, I guess it's whatever floats your boat, like those people in first class on planes and cruise people with balconies and suites - somebody has to pay! so I can travel cheap and often.

The Persian said...

I've never been on a cruise, somehow the idea never appealed to me. Now an all inclusive resort, that would be amazing.

I don't even like subway for lunch, I can't imagine what they would serve for breakfast.

GayProf said...

I guess it would all depend how much time you plan to spend in the cabin.

Phronk said...

I don't know what stuffers are, but they sound delicious. Stuff any breakfast food inside any other breakfast food, and it's bound to be good.

Anonymous said...

I just want to thank you for your words in general, and specifically for your portrayal of the Montreal weather. I was this close to immigrating there, and now I realize I could never hack the weather. Thank you, thank you, thank you! But it is definitely a beautiful place, and one that I will return to in more temparate times.

dykewife said...

when i got up this morning it was -31 with a -43 windchill. i like winter, really, i do. however, i'd give a whole lot right now to just not need so much clothing to stay warm when i venture outside.

i know i'm going to pay for saying that come this summer when it's +40.