Friday, August 20, 2010

Checking in

Hey all, just stopping by to let you know that I haven't died, I'm just working all the time and thus have no computer time to speak of. I'm woefully out of touch with my fave blogs and have a total lack of information to report. Every day is the same for me in this, day four of my fourteen day workathon. Get up at 6, check email, shower etc, walk the dog, catch the 7:30 bus. Work all day in the shiny skyscraper, come home, walk the dog again, make din din (shouldn't this be Serge's job?) veg out (you're welcome Blobby) on the couch and in bed at 9:30. Not only is there no blogging time, there are no blogging topics. Well maybe just one. Today marks 17 years since Serge and I met in that hidden club in Hong Kong. See "Road to Montreal" in the sidebar for that whole story. We are going to celebrate by going out to dinner tonight. The camera is still dead (though I have ordered another one) so there won't be any pictures unless Serge takes some. He's not very kid-Kodak though so prolly not. We're going here.  Have a swell weekend y'all!

19 comments:

Anonymous, too said...

Congratulations on the anniversary! May all the future ones be happy (and days off work!).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wishing you many more happy years together.

CoffeeDog said...

Have fun tonight :-)

Jim said...

Congrats you two! Will have to read about that one. Have a great meal out!
Jim

Maurice said...

Congrats and have fun this evening. (I can totally relate to how all work all the time is a killer of blog topics...)

rox said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Don't worry, the interwebs will still be here when you get back from the workathon. :)

And yeah, if you're gone all day and he's working at home, dinner should be on the table when you get back. I learned that at wife school.

Mel said...

Aw, happy anniversary. And yeah, working all the time does make for poor blog fodder. Just remember, it's good to pay the bills. Would be better not to have bills, but there ya go.

Birdie said...

Rox, that explains it! I never went to wife school!

Congratulations, Torn and Serge. Many, many more happy years.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It still blows my mind how much the timing of your relationship with Serge has paralleled mine with Nathalie. I met her 17 years ago at the end of August. Can't remember which day, but it was at the start of the school year.

Blobby said...

See - through positive reinforcement (or manipulation), I can change your behaviour.

OR everytime you use the word, just hyperlink back to me, and we're golden.

Easy Peasy!

LSL said...

Aw, happy anniversary to you kids! Have a wonderful dinner out :)

Frank B said...

Add my congrats to the list.

anne marie in philly said...

bonne anniversaire!

17 years is a looooong time; have a great weekend!

PS - word is "charo" - cuchi cuchi!

fromsophiesview said...

Any chance 'us' doggies can come alone to Kitchenette...promise to be on my best licking behaviour!!

Patricia said...

Happy anniversary :) Have a lovely evening out.

And yes, dinner shouldn't be yours for these 2 weeks, at least not every night!

Mark My Words said...

Happy 17th to the both of ya!

P.S. stop working so hard :)

that's J-O-S-H said...

If you ever run out of ideas on what to post on, just put up a picture of the world's favorite canine, Georgie, and all will be right con el mundo!

Mike said...

Hope your memories of Ogunquit are able to pull you through these "working like a dog" days of summer. Just think of all the blogging you'll do when your workathon is over!

My adventures said...

congrats!!