Sunday, April 17, 2011
* First a little Georgie porn. Serge did some research and is fairly sure Georgie is a Lemon Beagle. He found this video with a dog that could have come from the same litter as Georgie. Same howl too.
* Took the car in to get the oil changed and the summer tires put on. Of course they called back with things that needed fixing. So nine hundred dollars later we have new tires and a new muffler.
* They also informed us that the disks for the brakes were rusty. I said, "Really because it's you guys who installed them last year, 11,000 kilometers ago." The disks have a lifetime warranty but you have to pay the labor. Suddenly though, according to the mechanic, it wasn't a big deal if I didn't notice any braking problems. Why does capitalism so often equal ripping people off?
* I started the truck driver's course yesterday. They were sad that I wasn't a young 24 year old female. I didn't out myself though, they are at such a low level, they don't need to be distracted by such information.
* One funny thing came up though. Apparently, some trucks are equipped with (illegal) toilet holes so that on long hauls with a partner, you can plop down and squeeze one out. I was aghast. We laughed at the prospect of brown matter hitting the windshield of the poor hapless driver behind. And then we laughed some more at the thought of the windshield wipers smearing it all over. Can you imagine?
* It snowed yesterday. Also, ice pellets for a couple of hours. At least there wasn't much sticking going on.
* Georgie got all excited though and tore around on the deck slipping and sliding all over the place. He's a blur in the shots I took.
* I keep waking up too early and missing that last cycle of sleep I need to feel good. Three days in a row now. Ugh.
* Finally did the taxes for Canada. And for the first time ever, I'm getting a refund. It'll just about pay for the tires and muffler.
* We started "Big Love". We're almost done with the first season. It has hooked us but there's something creepy about it. I feel sorry for the women. But I can't look away. I guess that's because it's good story-telling.
* I had this shot in my inbox this morning with the subject line "Life is Good." Serge must have got his photoshop on last night after I went to bed.