* I bet kids named Owen or Gwen sometimes have parents who call Wednesday Owednesday or Gwednesday. Can't say that I know of any kids with these names, however.
* In French, there is no distinctly separate word for 70, 80, and 90. They compound words together. I bet this makes math a natural for a lot of French kids. 70 is sixty-ten, 71 is sixty-eleven etc. 80 is four-twenty, and 90, strangest of all, is four-twenty-ten. The next new word is at 100.
* It's maple syrup season. It's short, maybe a month if you're lucky. When the days are above freezing and the nights below, that is when the sap will flow.
* When Gerber entered the African continent to peddle it's baby food products, sales were nearly nonexistant. That's because in that market, traditionally, what is pictured on the label is inside of the jar. It appeared as Gerber was hawking purée of baby.
* In the last year, thunderstorms have occurred here every month except two. January and February. It's one of the reasons I love it here.
* One of my students attended a briss (not sure on the spelling there) and told us about it in class. I'm sorry, but slashing off your baby's flesh is unconscionable to me. I wish mine hadn't been hacked off. Should be a choice of the individual. Come to think of it, I know a guy who, on his 18th birthday, had an elective circumcision.
* Knottyboy's rant on anal-bleaching had me howling. I'm curious about the men (it couldn't be women, right?) who chosse to be anal-bleachers.
* I shave twice a week. Any more than that and it ravages my skin. ('How could you possibly care about this?' He asks himself, and becomes alarmed at referring to himself in the 3rd person)
* The world would most likely be a much more peaceful place if so much energy wasn't spent trying to control others. It's one of our species' greatest weaknesses, and while it has built great kingdoms, it will eventually destroy us.
* Sara is doing much better these days. Spouse is convinced that nude dancer tried to poison her. True, she did fall ill right after our last confrontation.
* On Thursday, I give a class in one of the most prestigious buildings downtown. They give tours, architecture blah blah blah, the place crawling with six figure salary makers. This is also the same place that has the "fruit loops" air fresheners in the bathrooms. Well now there is a new addition in the bathroom. I thought it was so funny that these people need a guide to washing their hands.