More blank screen staring. This is getting ridiculous. Must grit teeth, hunker down and endure it. Push through the pain. Hello Muse? Hi, you might not remember me. Tornwordo's the name. What's that? Something about an apology? No, no, no apologies necessary. Ohhhh, I'm supposed to apologize. May I ask for what infraction? Oh my, did I really call you the c word? Well, truly, I am deeply sorry. Penance? What do you mean? Oh you mean like community service instead of jail? I'm hip, I'm game. ...
My penance is Thursday Thirteen. Another list. Oh boy.
13 Modern Rules of Courtesy
1. Bear right. This is North America. We drive on the right and we pass each other in the hall on the right. The same goes for stairs, escalators, and busy subway corridors.
2. We do not gun the vehicle when the light turns yellow. This jeopardizes the safety of others. As does tailgating. Stop it.
3. When a new line at the market opens, you acknowledge the presence of others also waiting. You do not dash, refusing to look at others in order to be first.
4. In restaurants, you do not send your food back because "you don't like it". You may only send the food back if the server or chef made a mistake. Even then, the polite thing to do is eat it and shut up.
5. When ordering food, one should remain polite. May I have, Can I have are fine. Gimme, not so much.
6. Pick that up. Even if you didn't drop it. Why don't we get it. If we all just picked up one piece of litter a day, think how much cleaner everything would be.
7. That ipod music you're listening to on your bus/train ride to work? Yeah. I don't want to hear it. Turn the volume down. We can hear it.
8. Do not make meme thingies with more than five questions. Too long. Even this is too long.
9. Do not engage in any business that counts on you selling your friends and family on things. Just say no to candle parties, mlm schemes, and especially Herbalife.
10. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. With respect.
11. Wear deodorant. I thought this was common knowledge. Again, this is North America.
12. No spitting. It's not going to kill you to swallow it. I promise. The only exception is the toilet, or if a bug flies into your mouth. But that's it.
13. Please and Thank You should be staples in your vocabulary. Please use Please and Thank you for saying Thank You.