Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ciao ciao

Along with the daily rainfall we've been getting, there have been some lovely rainbows this week. This one was a double, though you can only barely make it out in the photo.

Today is the last day of posting for a while. I'm off to the west coast and I don't think I'll post while I'm out there. It seems like I always threaten to post on these junkets, but then I never do. So let's assume I won't. I'll do a wrap up when I get back next week. Serge is staying home this time and he seems *very* excited about my departure. He always does this. He thinks it's going to be so fun without me around and then five days later he'll whine at me on the phone how he wants me to come home. Or better yet, send me drunken emails about how it's lonely around here.

It's getting dull around the blog anyway, so this is a good time to take a bloggy breather. Before I go, check out this poor sap's car who parked under the bridge where all the pigeons roost. There is a for sale sign on the car which you can't see, but dude, you might have better luck selling if you find a better space to park.

Don't miss me too much now ; )

23 comments:

Snooze said...

Have a super time! Make sure Laverne models *the* shoes for you.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in California. I wish you luck and no earthquakes. Return with souvenirs and a big gift for Serge. ed

Paul said...

Have a great trip. It's always good to go home.

Rox said...

I am missing you already.

Greg said...

Safe travels; have fun!

Birdie said...

Have fun and take your camera. We want pictures!

Java said...

I might miss you just a tiny bit, but I'll make believe I don't, OK?
Have fun!

GayProf said...

That can't be good for the paint.

Safe travels! We'll keep a light on in the blog window until you return.

Patricia said...

Have fun in the OC!

I'm the same way when Chris and I are apart. The first couple days are all WOO HOO! Then I miss the big lug and sulk until he returns.

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

hey - Hope you have a great time here in California. Maybe you should have parked that car out in the rain?

Anonymous said...

Have fun on the trip.

And that car reminds me of something. Back in 1979 my father had a brand new International Harvester Scout in metallic brown.

Birds loved to shit on that truck. Absolutely loved it. My father would wash it daily and next day, bird shit all over it.

That was when the tree in which the birds would sit got cut down. No more bird shit for a long time after that.

Mark in DE said...

LOL, your description of Serge's behavior sounds all too familiar, and charming, quite honestly.

I hope you have a terrific visit with your mom and friends. We'll miss ya!

Mark :-)

TJ said...

Enjoy your trip! Look forward to reading all about it when you get back.

Butch said...

Have a great time catching up with your Mom and family. Perhaps, Serge can take over your blog in the interim. ( heh heh ) Don't worry, you're the only one with the passwords.

Anonymous said...

Have yourself a fantabulous time on your trip out west!

Enemy of the Republic said...

Soon the school year will begin...

Jess said...

Hope the trip is going well! (And I'm glad Serge winds up missing you. That's as it should be!)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having more fun than we are... Looking forward to your next post now that the week is over... ;-)

travelling, but not in love said...

Safe trip Torny. Looking forward to hearing how it went....

Anonymous said...

Good news: bird crap is nature's anti-rust agent.

Greg said...

Jeez, hasn't it been a week yet? If you don't come back soon, you'll start getting drunken emails from all of us!

RJ March said...

Okay. Time to come back.

Anonymous said...

miss your blogging, but hope you are rejuvenating! And enjoying being in a smoke-free paradise!