* Got two new clients who contacted me via the website. One of them lives in mcmansionville. At the end of the lesson I was paid from a three inch stack of crisp twenties. Seemed kind of show offy which was overkill. Ostentatious opulence is what they should call that neighborhood.
* Get this. I bought Christmas presents yesterday. I can't reveal what since receivers may read this blog, but it was an idea I had a couple years ago and then the dang things were sold out close to Christmas for the last two years. So I snatched them up and put a note to myself in the bag so I don't forget.
* I have a bunch of new contracts starting this week at the Justice department. Man those people are serious down there. The expression sober as a judge is so apt.
* Because of the new contracts, I bought a monthly transit pass. The last few months I've been commuting to the suburbs by car so going back to the metro is nice. Yesterday it was pretty crowded in the metro and this guy squeezed on so his ass crack was pressed firmly into my wrist. I thought that was odd.
* We watched Capitalism a
* Like up here they introduced a new budget that will have a "health tax" payable annually on your tax return. In a couple years it will be $200. That's a flat rate for everyone. The problem I see with that is the guy who makes 20k a year must pay one percent of his income for the health tax and the guy who makes 200k must pay only one tenth of one percent of his. Not fair.
* During our mini heat wave I fell asleep on the couch with just a t-shirt on and Serge seized the opportunity to take blackmail pictures. They are horrifying.
* Georgie has been a delight.
* I'm sure there's more, but that's going to have to wait until next time. Work calls so off I go.
how much do we have to pay Serge for the pics?
You do know that everyone will be hounding you for those pictures.
You must remember to fill us in on the early Christmas present, once it is revealed.
Georgie looks so much like my dog Bugler. Makes me just want to love him up. Maybe a trip to Canada on my way home?
IIRC, you've got your own set of blackmail pix of Serge napping on the couch, with his robe gap placed appropriately. Not that I've seen these pictures, of course, but I've heard rumors.
Georgie looks lovely sunning on the porch. Does he miss playing in the snow? (how would you know??)
That is one cute pooch!
Well, good on Serge for seizing the opportunity to get even. That'd be a hell of a photo album to go through.
So you get a regressive health tax and the Conservatives are in power. Coincidence? I think not.
The Golden Rule: Them that has the Gold makes the rules.
Tell Serge that you'll reveal his real age if he doesn't destroy the photos.
I think you got everyone an I-Pad for Christmas, I can't wait. Ted
I'm so jealous that you've started Christmas shopping already! I should get on that too.
OMG my dog is licking his crotch and it's totally distracting...
You never would have mentioned the pics if you didn't want everyone to see them. Time to pony up the pics.
Sometimes those justice types take themselves way too seriously. I appreciate all the work they do and I know it is serious business, but everyone in life needs a sense of humor to make it through.
I absolutely agree with your point on the health tax. That is very regressive. In PA in the 70's and 80's there was an occupational tax that was levied on all but varied by categories of occupations. It was a flat amount. At the time my category required about $200. I made 15K. A doctor or a lawyer at the time who made ten times my salary paid the same thing. It infuriated me.
Flat taxes are often taxes that burden the poor. Why hasn't Canada dumped Harper?
Oh Torn -- you've opened up quite the can of worms by mentioning those photos...
I shop all year round...if I see something I know someone would like, I get it and put it away for december. AND I pay cash, so no bills come the new year.
I will let my mind wander regarding the photos...imagination is a great tool...(heh heh heh)
Yeah, I got my daughter's Christmas present last week from Woot. Strike while the iron's hot. (What's that mean, anyway?)
You tease us with the photo info and then give us Georgie. Close but no cigar. Pixelate and publish!
Post a Comment