* Apparently, fish do feel pain.
* Never buy any kind of tape at the dollar store. It will always vex you later.
* I am a junior, thus my father shares my name.
* If Pluto's not a planet, what are its three moons revolving around?
* Here's a little secret about me: I score poorly on reading comprehension tests. Moreover, I usually disagree with what I'm told are the correct answers.
* Stupid people leave messages like this when looking for an apartment:
- Hi, my name is Jack, I'm calling about the apartment. Please call me back. Thank you. (What's your phone # numbnuts?)
- (squalling babies in the background) Hi I'm very interested in the apt for rent, I'm single and have three kids. I'm on welfare, but I can borrow the money for a deposit. Please call back at xxx-xxxx.
- Um, uhhh, I'm calling on the apartment, because well, um, uhhh I need one. (Heavy sigh) My number is xxx-xxxx.
* With troubled times comes learning. Lately I've learned that no matter how busy I think I am, I am always capable of accomplishing more.
* If facts can be misleading, why do we give them so much credit?
* I bet you can't say the name "Peggy Babcock" three times fast.
Those messages about the apartment are something else - have you thought about placing an ad on craigslist? It was really cold walking the dog this morning and I saw some snowflakes - one of my first thoughts was of you shoveling. :(
Darn you! I'm going to be walking around all day trying to say "Peggy Babcock"!
I enjoyed the apt. messages although I confess that I would probably be the numbnuts who called and did not leave a number - although I would have called back once I realized what I had done. At least at my age, I can now claim to have Alzheimer's.
Remind me never to let you attend one of my classes, if you are going to question my answers. LOL! Actually, I am not at all surprised at this revelation, given your observations on life (to wit: these snippets).
those messages are too damn funny!
no, I cannot say that three times fast.
Aw, I feel sorry for the woman on welfare.
As long as the stress of being a landlord is outweighed by the fact that you're not paying some other person's (or corporation's) mortgage, hang in there.
BTW - I'm still trying to get the visual of "bathtime" out of my head. Believe me, I'm in no hurry.
I'm with you on that MadameRouge. My least favorite type of multiple choice test is the kind where you are asked to choose the most correct answer. It usually leads me to start arguing with the prof.
If I disagree with what I'm told are the correct answers, then I didn't fail the test. The test failed ME!
I wish i was kidding...
Dammit. You're right.
I can't say "Peggy Babcock" three times fast.
I love Snippets.
I said Peggy babcock three times fast...but I giggled myself silly afterwards. :)
Snippets make my day. :)
HUGS and stuff...
three times? hell, i can't even say it once fast...
Thanks to you my dream of becoming a landlord has been shattered! Maybe I'll open a gourmet popcorn store instead :)
i dont believe the fish feel pain. NOPE.
I am with Skitzee!
Hi – I was calling about the apartment. It’s location is great – Really close to my methadone clinic.
Darnit, this Babcock woman is irritating!
The last phone call made me laugh.
Also, the reading comp confession made me laugh,
Hello...Uh, I'm getting thrown out of my apartment for not paying my rent and for punching holes in the wall and my Doberman isn't housebroken. My number is 555-2345. Actually it's my PO's phone cause I don't have one.
LMFAO at the messages left by possible renters. So sad that they are real.
The fact that fish might feel pain highlights one of humanity's weaknesses: we rarely, if ever, adopt a cautionary ethical approach to anything. We shoot first and ask questions later, charging in where angels fear to tread.
I wonder what kind of message porn star left: "Hi, I need a place to shoot my porn. My number is xxx-xxxx, and my dick is 12" long."
Try "Good Blood, Bad Blood." I think it's the hardest one.
I'm pretty sure that I read that Pluto's "moons" don't revolve around it. Instead, they all revolve around each other. Ĝis.
The sixth sheik's sixth sheep is sick.
Post a Comment