* Andy Rooney had a great line last week: "You can't be a writer without being a thinker. This is depressing for writers."
* I've figured out what I want to be when I grow up - retired.
* I've been showing "Transamerica" in class this week. Everyone has loved it. Great flick.
* In other movie news, I picked up the film "A Touch of Class" at the library. This was the first film that made me cry. It still does.
* Repackage "the power of positive thinking" and you've got "the Secret".
* I've started reading "The DaVinci Code". I know I'm behind on the times. The plot is very compelling, but I have issues with sentences such as these: He advanced, radiating a fiery clarity that forecast his reputation for unblinking severity in all matters. Christ, can't you just say he looked mean? I find sentences like that to be masturbatory and contrived.
* I used to want fame and fortune. Now I just want peace and fortune.
* The adage "practice makes perfect" is simply untrue. Talent plays a role as well.
* Serge surprised me yesterday when he came home sporting a new do.