I'm fairly sure all the salient topics of my life have been covered. This leaves it up to the universe to provide blog fodder. I'm not asking for anything though, just stating reality. It's actually pretty mundane, life right now, but it's nice like that. Here's what's going on in bullet form.
* Made a tomato cheese pie yesterday. It sounded a lot better than it came out.
* Everyone up here is bitching and moaning about the deplorable summer we're having. I love it. We've only had the AC on once on a day back in June.
* I find the 20 extra pounds I'm carrying around unacceptable. Apparently, it's not unacceptable enough for me to change any of my habits. I used to be the guy who could eat any and everything without repercussions, but since I quit smoking (over a year now for those counting like me) this axiom no longer holds true.
* Mirrors are evil.
* One of our tenants gave notice yesterday. He lives in the stinky furnished studio that got all stunk up by the previous tenant, the heroin addict. We tried our best to clean it but the never-takes-a-bath smell came back. He didn't mind the smell (being from France and all) but I still catch whiffs of it because it's still oozing out of the couch down there. It's one of those smells that you wouldn't mind if it were say coming off a slice of cheese, but once you know it's BO stench, it's gag inducing.
* My good friend is having a heart brain battle. You know the kind, where they are of opposing opinions. It's like me with a dog. My heart wants a new one really badly but my brain keeps pointing out the lack of responsibility (and hair, shit and vomit) we are enjoying.
* Last payment on the flat screen TV today. Woo hoo it's really ours now. 12 equal payments seems like a good idea but really you're just having 12 episodes of pain instead of one if you just pay it up front.
* On day four with the level zero student he asked me what "a" was. Until then, he thought it was what it means in French. (at or to)
* My student has never heard of nor seen an avocado. Ditto for guacamole. He really is from the boondocks.
* Other things happening but not really noteworthy are bowel movements, meal preparation, showering, playing boggle, reading the newspaper and going on long walks every day. (I do love the long walks.)
* Have a lovely weekend.