* While we were gone, we put Georgie in this place which is nearby our place. We had gone over and met the young couple and checked out their apartment and thought it was a good fit. Well. Georgie was a bad boy. Seems as though he is house trained only for our house and doesn't really get that other houses are also no-pee zones. Apparently he peed on their bed and also lifted his leg on the grandmother who had come to visit. Obviously, he is not welcome back. It'll be the kennel for him from now on it seems.
* I'm sick with a dang cold and I hate it.
* It's a new age. Whenever we come back from a vacation, we have new friends to add to our Facebook buddies. In the old days, you maybe exchanged an address and corresponded once or twice. Now, it's like having living souvenirs.
* One night in Cuba, we were at the Place de la Musica, an outdoor congregating place where local bands played and Cubans and tourists alike hung out to listen. A little dog was working the crowd when he came upon me and I pet him, he jumped into my lap and fell asleep. Something about the canines, they *know* I'm a sucker for them.
* We watched the Hangover. I had already seen it but Serge hadn't. It was funnier the first time around. I was hoping to be in shape to go see Avatar today but I'm feeling puny and will likely camp out on the sofa instead.
* I'm here writing this at 3:30 in the morning because Serge is snoring incessantly and I can't sleep. Of course I can't breathe either. Did I mention I hate being sick?
* I still haven't been paid for the classes I was supposed to give but didn't. I keep bugging them about it and though I'm receiving assurances, I'm not receiving any moolah. This is frustrating. Especially at Christmas time.
* Georgie has denuded the entire low branch area of the Christmas tree. He takes one item at a time and chews it up, tearing it into a hundred pieces. I'd hate it if it weren't so cute.
* Some new behaviour has befallen me. I'm now falling asleep in front of the TV. Serge has mentioned this to me over the past few weeks but I didn't believe him. Finally, he took a video to prove it. This is BIG. I have never been able to fall asleep anywhere except lying on my stomach in bed. Finally, I'm mellowing it seems.
* Serge on the other hand, has always been able to fall asleep anywhere. In Cuba, while we were watching a very loud (and long) tribal African show, he fell asleep in his chair. Falling asleep at a concert is pretty impressive, no?
* I just checked my lotto numbers. Wah wah wahhh. We don't need the grand prize. Just a couple hundred thou will do. Oh how that would make life easier. (Not that it's not easy already. Sheesh, compared to the Cubans working 18 hour days for chump change.)
* Okay I guess I should try to go back to bed. Get a couple more hours of sleep. Can I rent a respiratory system for the next few days? Because the one I've got is defective. Bonne nuit.
My cousin's husband was one of the steadycam operators for "Avatar", so I really feel like I should go see it.
My verification word is "equinall", which sounds like something you'd give an insomniac horse.
there is a product available here in the states @ puresleep.com. it is a mouthguard device that you fit to your mouth. hubby's snoring was severe enough to wake the dead. finally bought device $60 USD and hasn't snored once in almost 2 years...and i finally have restful sleep. he says it took a day or two to get used to it, but I swear by it! friend's hubby paid over $1000 USD for dentist/specialist/fabrication/fitting, etc of same device...exactly. perhaps time for a try?
Derwood was at his dad's last night and I had the best sleep I've had in two weeks. I feel like a new woman!
I watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night. I cried. What else is new?
I would take Georgie any day, pee or no pee. Pooch people! We are all the same.
Lucy the beagle was banner from her original long dat care place because she was too energetic and kept everyone up all night
Thank goodness we found a better long day care for her so when we go away she is well looked after
It's cold now b/c you're being punished for having a hot time on your holiday :P
Hey Sticky, get well soon!! I know it must suck terribly to be sick and have the weather also not so nice outside too. I'm sure you will be back to your self soon!!
Try decorating the bottom of the tree with sleigh bells, cow bells, large jingle bells -- you get the idea.
Georgie won't be able to chew those, and you'll know when he's messing with the tree.
Hope you feel better soon!
Hope you are feeling better and able to get some rest.
I'll add my wishes that you are soon feeling better. Being sick sucks.
My wife is like Serge. She can (and does) fall asleep anywhere. I have been one who would only sleep in bed at night. I am finding though that I am now often taking a brief siesta in early afternoon.
As for Georgie, it seems he cannot deny his beagle side.
I even fall asleep when we have guests. That's their cue to leave.
And oh, I once fell asleep in a hard rock café.
We tried a dog sitter one time when we went on vacation and found our dog did not respond well, despite our belief she would prefer to be at home than a kennel. Apparently she prefers the kennel when we're away!
Hope you're feeling better soon.
I can fall asleep on a subway train.
I'm also getting a small cold. Hope yours clears up soon.
Sounds like you are spoiling Georgie just a bit.
Post a Comment