Saturday, January 26, 2008

Go little bean, go!

I've been talking to the universe. Usually, my communication with the universe is limited to giving thanks, but this time I'm asking for help. Anne Lamott wrote that there are really only two prayers, "Thank you!" and "Help!" Unless you're praying to the devil I suppose.... Anyway, as I said, I've been asking for help for one of the voices in the blogosphere. I don't know how this happened, but I became so emotionally invested in the fertility struggle Patricia has been going through that I can't stop thinking about it. You see, she's pregnant. Not earth-shattering news in most circles, but after years of trying and treatments, in her world, it is. And now there's a little speed bump in the process and all we can do is sit and wait. And pray. All I keep thinking is "Go little bean, Go!" (the baby is the size of a bean presently) The doctor gives a 50/50 chance of survival and so I'm asking for help. For her, and for the little bean, who will have the lovingest parents imaginable. This morning as I put the little piece of my breakfast bagel into the spirit plate, I said, "Okay, I know I've only ever said thank you before, but if you can get on over and help that little bean, I would be so grateful." Then I went to the computer and google mapped her house (we exchange xmas cards so I have her address) and said, "There, that's where the little bean is."

16 comments:

Polt said...

I'll be rooting for Little Bean, but you better keep us updated!

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

I know it is not popular nowadays but I am a firm believer in God. Jesus said, "the Angels of the little children are forever before the throne of God." and "Let the little children come unto me for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Whether the little bean develops normally and comes out into this world or goes straight to Heaven, God loves the little bean and will watch over him/her. David wrote: Before I even existed God knew all about me. God knows and loves the little bean. I will pray that for the mothers sake the baby will be born into this world but here there is pain and death and in Heaven only joy. Ed

Anonymous said...

Oh Patricia, may your little one stay with you. I'll send some Reiki. My aunt turned out to have a persistent bacterial infection and she took a course of antibiotics to finally stay pregnant. She read about it somewhere and was the one to mention it to the doctor. Just thought I would offer that.

Anonymous said...

Patricia and the Little Bean will have my best thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

GayProf said...

I hope things go well.

Patrick said...

Thanks for sharing this, Torn. I'll be keeping Patricia and the little bean in my thoughts as well.

And I love Annie Lamott.

Anonymous said...

If the power of thoughts have strength, and I believe they do, the little bean and Patricia have it today.

Perri said...

Thank you for doing this for Patricia. The more prayers - the better.

Rox said...

For all of us who've followed Patricia through this journey, your actions speak so clearly of how we are all rooting for this Little Bean! I love you for doing this for her, Torn.

A Lewis said...

Anne L. rocks. love her "traveling mercies" book. And I'm opting for both prayers right now. Help! to start with and then "Thank YOU" when it's done. Speed bumps are exactly that. Just a bump. Pass it, move along. Put it behind. My prayers and good thoughts are yours today. And tomorrow too.

Snooze said...

I think it's great you are putting out such positive feelings to the universe.

Cooper said...

You're sending beautiful karma out into the universe, Torn. I'm going to light a candle for little bean right now on my blog. I, too, love Anne Lamott.

Anonymous said...

50/50 is equal to a .5 probability. In essence it's indeterminate which I suppose is better than thinking it may or may not happen.

Hopefully her little grape sized fetus will continue to thrive and grow.

Patricia said...

Oh Richard, I just can't thank you enough for this. I always feel your love and support pouring through the words of your comments. This post just shows your loving heart for all to see and I am ever grateful for your friendship and your support. The bean (although she's on her way to being a grape) and I send you much love.

Anonymous said...

I too shall keep this little bean in my thoughts and prayers. I find it rather ironic that you call this newly conceived child a bean; as beans are full of proteins and amino acids too!!

As always, thank you for sharing your deepest innermost thoughts and dreams with us. It makes you all the more lovable.

-C

Mark in DE said...

That's so wonderful and thoughtful of you, Torn!

Sending positive energies...

Mark :-)