Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Snippetry


* My second attempt at paella looked great and tasted delightful. Unfortunately, I didn't cook the rice quite enough so it was kinda al dente. The lady at the shop convinced me to use the "best" brand of rice to make it, but this was a mistake as it absorbed the chicken stock more readily. I should have taken the tried and true brand.

* People are already wearing gloves up here. Let's not exaggerate people.

* I forgot to put gas in the car yesterday and this morning I see they've hiked the price ten cents.....per liter. This is like if overnight they bumped it up 38 cents a gallon. F*ckers!

* Guilty pleasure = Dancing with the Stars.

* I have about seven minutes to finish this post which is fine since I have basically nothing else to add.

* On Mondays I have the hideous evening commute from hell. I decided to try a longer route home distance-wise but faster time-wise. Wouldn't you know it there was a multiple mangled body accident on that route. Thwarted! I did alright putting on my Zen cap though.

* I love the crisp autumn air. Especially after this suffocating summer we had.

* The diet is still going strong. I love it! There really is no magic to it. Eat fewer calories than you expend and you will lose weight. You could just eat cake all day as long as it's not over your calorie limit and you'll still lose. The trick I suppose will be keeping the weight off after. Anyway, this is nothing compared to quitting ciggies.

* I'm in my third intensive this week and next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday I have a light schedule. This is good because I've gotten a bit cranky. I find myself commenting negatively on many people's driving skills, or rather lack thereof. Courtesy is a lost art, I'm afraid.

* Poop at the door. Must go now. Peace.

19 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

your paella looks really amazing... well done!

Cubby said...

I second Nik. Well done!

CoffeeDog said...

Snippets? Did I miss something, is it FRIDAY? :-)

Anonymous said...

What about people wearing shorts in cold weather along with a jacket or sweatshirt? Honey, if it's cold enough for a jacket it is too cold for shorts 'kay?
My word verification is eject. Ted

rox said...

"I find myself commenting negatively on many people's driving skills" DUDE! That is the story of my life EVERYDAY! LOL! Thanks for the chuckle!

Oh and the trick to the weight loss is totally right. Lately, I'd have to consume only water because I've been burning zero calories.

A Lewis said...

I'm enjoying this crispness to the air too! And the colors are so pretty!

Mark My Words said...

That paella looks amazing. Yum. I can't get over how big those shrimp are.

Don't forget to fill up the car before this long weekend because that's usually when they jack up the prices. And don't let the bad drivers get to you, they ain't worth it.

GayProf said...

Ugh -- I really need to count my calories.

Mel said...

I've been telling myself forever that I need to sort out a good veggie paella recipe. It's been far too long since I've made one.

Jim said...

DWTS....love it! It's fun to watch the unprofessionals and see them grow into, for the most part, pretty good dancers. We could all 'dance' a little bit more.
Jim

Mel said...

I've been telling myself forever that I need to sort out a good veggie paella recipe. It's been far too long since I've made one.

Rebekah said...

Okay, so it's pretty, but I wouldn't want to eat it.

We're having crazy weather here; heat and then rain, and last night? big winds. Give me my temperate 73 degrees please.

Rick Bettencourt said...

I like little snippets like these. Glad you're doing well on your diet.

fromsophiesview said...

Paella...now I'm hungry!

Anonymous, too said...

I've been pondering this all day, so I've got to ask:

What did the poop at the door want?

Frank B Smith said...

I agree, the paella is beautiful, and sticking with the tried and true as well.

Anonymous said...

When are you going to post Moms Paella recipe ?

Patricia said...

Those shrimp look so big, they look like little lobster tails. Yum!

I hate it when I miss gas at the lower price. Luckily there's a place here that sends out text messages when all the other stations raise their price. After the text goes out, we have about 3 hours to get gas at the lower price. Score!

I hate dieting but I sure do love the results. This morning I zipped up an old pair of jeans. A few months ago, I couldn't button them, much less zip them. Next will be actually breathing in them.

Have a lovely weekend.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Good jerb on the diet! And I want to dive open-mouf first into that paella. MMMMMMMM.