Saturday, November 19, 2005

Let it snow

We've got snow this morning, lightly falling, hushing the sounds of the city. Like a giant natural muffler, even the birds seem to be shushed. The dirt and grime of the city that we are so accustomed to has been replaced with pristine white. It's a pleasant illusion.

Too bad it's supposed to rain tomorrow and wash it all away.

Today, I'm off to rent a car for the weekend. We do this a few times a year to shop for big stuff and visit those outside the public transportation limits. We'll be stocking up for winter like so many squirrels. Then we are celebrating Spouse's birthday at his mom's house tonight.

Yesterday, I was invited to play poker at Psycho's place and I punked out at the last minute because I was so hagged out and tired. In fact I was asleep at 8:30 last night and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning. I'm not really a flaky person, but I just couldn't keep it up last night if you know what I mean. I hope you won lots Psycho!

What else?... Oh yeah, I thought I'd continue the story of the road to Montreal and talk about that first year in Montreal. Because it really wasn't like I stepped off the plane and we lived happily ever after, no, shit happened. And I'm gonna tell you about it, starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

r said...

oooo snow.

Just wanted to be the first to tell you that some blogs are always read, even on the weekends.

:)

Adam said...

My partner and I have toyed with the idea of eliminating our car and using only public transportation as well. I think we'll try it for a while and see how it goes.

_Psycho said...

I actually lost, but it was a fun night still ;) We will have time to play later (but xmas coming, will probably take most of the times away).

Cool, a new story !