1) My mother once: found some underground dirty comic books I had and destroyed them. One of them in particular would have been worth hundreds of dollars today.
2) Never in my life: have I considered suicide.
3) When I was five: Mrs. Jensen was my Kindergarten teacher. She took us on a field trip to her beach house in Laguna, and we rode her private funicular down the cliff.
4) High School was/is: a time when I thought I knew everything but really didn't.
5) I will never forget: seeing the UFO at Lake Mead
6) I once met: Ellen Burstyn backstage in New York. She is the only celeb who ever made me nervous with awe. I was only 17 though.
7) There's this person I know who: doesn't like him/herself and punishes others for it.
8) Once, at a bar: I found an eight ball of coke. That was a bloody weekend.
9) By noon I'm usually: already finished with lunch and in the classroom teaching.
10) Last night I: ate filet mignon with fettucini alfredo and enjoyed it with a crisp yet buttery white wine. Watched 54. Lame movie.
11) If I only had: more time and money, I could do more of the things I like doing.
12) Next time I go to church/temple: good question
13) Terri Schiavo: was evidence of the mental illness of the fundamentalists.
14) I like: bargains, laughter, greasy food, scrabble, weed, and wondering about life.
15) When I turn my head left, I see: a white wall.
16) When I turn my head right, I see: the living room, with the dog parked on one of the couches.
17) You know I'm lying when: Sorry, I don't lie much anymore, it's just so much easier to be honest.
18) In grade school: I sucked on the gravel that covered the playground. I loved the taste of the dirt on the rocks.
19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: definitely Oberon
20) By this time next year I: hope to have quit smoking
21) A better name for me would be: Cloudwatcher
22) I have a hard time understanding: Calculus, Shakespeare, and racism.
23) If I ever go back to school I'll: take only classes that interest me.
24) You know I like you if: I laugh a lot.
25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: Depends on what the award was for.
26) I hope that: winter is warmer than normal this year.
27) Take my advice: gratitude and cheerfulness feel better than resentment and hostility.
28) My ideal breakfast is: Eggs San Pietro at the Rose Cafe in Venice California.
29) A song I love, but do not have is: pennies from heaven.
30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: (assuming hometown means where my home currently is) coming in the summer.
31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: lovely, interesting, dull, and sleek.
32) Why won't anyone: shut up about their faith?
33) If you spend the night at my house: do not wear black. Your garments will be coated with beige dog hair.
34) I'd stop my wedding: what a gay question.
35) The world could do without: pedophiles and bloodthirst
36) I'd rather lick the belly of a roach than: eat it.
37) My favorite is: laughing until tears stream down the face.
38) Paper clips are more useful than: staples.
40) And by the way: this took me far longer than I anticipated so I will spare you any possible horror of being tagged.
41) The last time I was drunk: On the cruise ship, we danced til 3am.
42) My grandmother always: surprises and inspires me to this day.