1) My mother once: found some underground dirty comic books I had and destroyed them. One of them in particular would have been worth hundreds of dollars today.
2) Never in my life: have I considered suicide.
3) When I was five: Mrs. Jensen was my Kindergarten teacher. She took us on a field trip to her beach house in Laguna, and we rode her private funicular down the cliff.
4) High School was/is: a time when I thought I knew everything but really didn't.
5) I will never forget: seeing the UFO at Lake Mead
6) I once met: Ellen Burstyn backstage in New York. She is the only celeb who ever made me nervous with awe. I was only 17 though.
7) There's this person I know who: doesn't like him/herself and punishes others for it.
8) Once, at a bar: I found an eight ball of coke. That was a bloody weekend.
9) By noon I'm usually: already finished with lunch and in the classroom teaching.
10) Last night I: ate filet mignon with fettucini alfredo and enjoyed it with a crisp yet buttery white wine. Watched 54. Lame movie.
11) If I only had: more time and money, I could do more of the things I like doing.
12) Next time I go to church/temple: good question
13) Terri Schiavo: was evidence of the mental illness of the fundamentalists.
14) I like: bargains, laughter, greasy food, scrabble, weed, and wondering about life.
15) When I turn my head left, I see: a white wall.
16) When I turn my head right, I see: the living room, with the dog parked on one of the couches.
17) You know I'm lying when: Sorry, I don't lie much anymore, it's just so much easier to be honest.
18) In grade school: I sucked on the gravel that covered the playground. I loved the taste of the dirt on the rocks.
19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: definitely Oberon
20) By this time next year I: hope to have quit smoking
21) A better name for me would be: Cloudwatcher
22) I have a hard time understanding: Calculus, Shakespeare, and racism.
23) If I ever go back to school I'll: take only classes that interest me.
24) You know I like you if: I laugh a lot.
25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: Depends on what the award was for.
26) I hope that: winter is warmer than normal this year.
27) Take my advice: gratitude and cheerfulness feel better than resentment and hostility.
28) My ideal breakfast is: Eggs San Pietro at the Rose Cafe in Venice California.
29) A song I love, but do not have is: pennies from heaven.
30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: (assuming hometown means where my home currently is) coming in the summer.
31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: lovely, interesting, dull, and sleek.
32) Why won't anyone: shut up about their faith?
33) If you spend the night at my house: do not wear black. Your garments will be coated with beige dog hair.
34) I'd stop my wedding: what a gay question.
35) The world could do without: pedophiles and bloodthirst
36) I'd rather lick the belly of a roach than: eat it.
37) My favorite is: laughing until tears stream down the face.
38) Paper clips are more useful than: staples.
40) And by the way: this took me far longer than I anticipated so I will spare you any possible horror of being tagged.
41) The last time I was drunk: On the cruise ship, we danced til 3am.
42) My grandmother always: surprises and inspires me to this day.
Next time you bring up the dirty comic books with your Mom, suggest that she owes you several hundred dollars.
Well, maybe not.
You saw a UFO at Lake Mead? Have you ever mentioned this in your blog before? (And if so, could you direct me to the posting)
"A song I love, but do not have is: pennies from heaven."
How funny. That movie with Steve Martin always reminds me of you in high school.
I remember seeing it at the Fairview Theatre in Goleta.
Mom also saved hundreds of comic books in the attic until Torn had room to keep them, hopefully making up for the lost comics.
Mom, you make me smile when you voice your perspective.
Torn, you know I love it when 13 gets mentioned. And what is the recipe for 28?
Oh, Girl and I are going to embark on learning calculus.
oh 29 said "PENNIES from Heaven"???!!! Would have been more interesting the way I first read it.
invite me over the next time you do #10, please? :)
cool meme. i might borrow it.
Great meme... mind if I use the questions?
What exactly does gravel taste like?
Well - nice to know more about you - love your answer to #40 - I love meme's, may I borrow also?
First time at your site...I love meme's and yours doesn't disappoint. :)
I do hope it *wasn't* after the 8-Ball of coke, though.
t, Lee: I'll blog about the UFO in the near future.
Mom: I think you're mistaken
To those of you who wish you had been tagged, consider it done. I forgot to mention that Rebekah tagged me.
Em: It's like eggs benedict but with proscuitto and bernaise instead of ham and hollandaise.
If you don't mind, I'm going to borrow this meme, too.
You may thank Glitter For Brains for directing me here.
Post a Comment