Friday, May 29, 2009

Snippets

* I just realized I'm paying for my miles with my airmiles credit card. It comes out to $500 that I pay via the annual fee for a round trip domestic ticket based on how much I use it. I'm actively seeking a no annual fee card now. CAA is in first place at the moment.

* Somehow quitting smoking turned me into quite the lush. It's been fun but now I'm getting worried about myself, and more specifically, my waistline.

* I don't want a bulbous red nose. I don't think that would be becoming on me.

* We cruise in 9 days!

* I can't figure out if it's life that is getting faster and more complex or me who's getting slower and lamer? Is it like this for you too - too much to do and not enough time? Too much do and not enough be. Hopefully this summer will rectify that.

* I noticed on my soup-for-lunch thing that the serving size on the nutrition information label is half the quantity inside. Ridiculous! It's obviously a soup-for-one container. I guess they didn't want it to look like it had three fourths of your total salt intake for the day on there. Very misleading.

* Ugh, I'm in evaluation hell. All I really want to say is: Yes you are a worthy person, yes you could improve as can we all. I hate it because with language, there is no standard way of learning (though there are teaching) nor standard speed with which language is learned. Some people are just more adept at it than others. Why should they get all the praise when it comes easy? Again, I just want to give everyone an A if they showed up and participated. Unfortunately I can't.

* I think exclamation points should be banned on facebook. Even I'm getting carried away with them. A sentence like "So-and-so is going to the store" should not be completed with an exclamation point, and certainly not three of them!!!

* I wish I had been born 30 years earlier. I think I would have loved being a travel agent. Honestly I just love researching and planning travel.

* Saying I love my life feels much better than saying I hate my life, regardless of which is more true.

* Flying round trip to Los Angeles or round trip to Honolulu is more expensive than flying to Los Angeles AND Honolulu (multi city ticket). I don't understand the logic, but I took advantage of it. Look out Hawaii in January!

16 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

Slower and lamer, I thought it was just me. I've become quite the curmudgeon.

Hawaii, very cool. Which island(s) are you going to? If you need some tips, let me know, we have family on the Big Island and also a good friend on Maui.

I used to like planning travel, but now, since there are so many options out there, I feel overwhelmed.

Breenlantern said...

My soup-for-lunch pulled the same shenanigans!!!

I also feel like to much do and not enough be!!!(But I dread the alternative...lots of be and no do!!!)

Cosmos are killing me, but I can't stop!!!

I cruise everyday!!!(Snicker)

You just KNEW I'd have to use tripple exclamation points in this comment, didn't you?!?!?!

Rick Bettencourt said...

My mother wanted me to be a travel agent. I think she just wanted my discounts.

Greg said...

I try to be good about the exclamation points, really. But they're like potato chips.

"Too much do, not enough be." So wise.

Where's this year's cruise taking us? Have you mentioned before, or are you building blog-suspense?

lattégirl said...

Exclamation marks have their place and time, but not everywhere and all the time.

I refuse to join a Facebook group that has spelling mistakes in the group name and/or exclamation marks.

You can willfully slow things down, you know. It is possible to do less but concentrate on doing each thing to its fullest. Life feels less rushed.

I do wonder about martinis on Wednesdays.

Birdie said...

I am jealous of your travels. My hubby is the family travel agent. He knows which equipment each airline uses and the seating arrangements for each. I just tag along after he's done all the work.

If you aren't already reading Adventures of BigIslandJeepGuy, you should before you go to Hawaii. If you're on the Big Island, look him up. He's a sweet guy with a wonderful sense of humor (and a great partner and dog).

Mel said...

You're only just noticing this about the soup label?

I've been having an internal debate over whether I should stop drinking altogether, just because of how much worse it makes my sleep problems. But for as little as we drink, we've got enough alcohol in the house to last us at least a couple more years. There's still leftover wine and beer from our wedding last June.

Rox said...

I'm from the school of thinking that if you THINK you're drinking too much, you probably are. Not that you are, but if you think you are...well, quit for awhile.

I have someone on my facebook that uses question marks like a junkie uses heroin! I almost vomit every time I see "So and so is Home??????" Makes me want to Facebook-dump them. :)

Embrace your chub! I think it makes you look healthy and younger. You know, fat fills out our wrinkles.

GayProf said...

I still don't understand facebook, punctuation or otherwise.

Snooze said...

I can't believe how much sodium is in packaged food. I try to bring my own for that reason alone.

dpaste said...

Oh, I've been on to the deception of service sizes for a while. A candy bar that is three servings. Puh-lease.

Jeez Louise but you travel a lot. Is this you third vacation this year or something? You always seem to be heading out on a trip somewhere. No wonder you're so busy the rest of the time.

Saying I love my life when I hate it feels like swallowing poison to me. I'd rather be honest when things suck.

I'd guess the flight prices are lower for the piecemeal trips because people are too lazy to do the bit of extra work.

Frank B said...

I think exclamation points are unnecessary as well. It's an old prejudice on my part.

I'm flying to Dublin in the Autumn for less than I could fly to Montreal from Seattle. It makes no sense to me. Particularly as I would like to get back to Montreal.

Rina said...

I'd love to go to Hawaii someday but I am realistic enought to know it will NEVER happen. First of all, I'd slit my wrists if I had to sit on a plane that long. Second, I'd have to go by boat. Third, I don't think I'd like cruise ships. Fourth and the main reason, I'm poor.

wcs said...

Too much exclamation and not much point.

That's my thought for the day. Now I'm tired and must get some rest.

Blobby said...

Ooooh. We're thinking of Hawaii in January too.

Mark in DE said...

A cruise in June and Hawaii in Jan? I'm so jealous.