Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back in the states

And a great time was had by all. This shot pretty much captures Puerto Vallarta. Beautiful, romantic and cocktail oriented. That was our last day there watching the sunset. We flew to LA yesterday and decided to upgrade to first class for the flight (only 50 bucks!) It was nice to be pampered but I would never pay rack rate for it.

I've got more fun stories about the trip which I will post with more pics next week. We are in the California blender now, a whirlwind of family and friends which will culminate in our annual Three Kings party at mom's house Saturday night. I've still got to shop for gifts for this event.

We checked into a hotel last night and I saw something I've never seen before - an electronic gadget vending machine. Want an Ipod? Swipe your card and watch your new ipod tumble to the bin below. Need an electric razor? New hair dryer, no problem. Truth be told, this is my kind of shopping - no human contact and immediate receiving of your product. I read about this type of thing in Japan and I guess it's happening here now.

Ok, don't want to bore you, I'll check in one more time before I return to my regular daily posting regimen next Monday. All your comments make me feel warm and fuzzy - thanks!

13 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself. We await your tanned return to the Frosty North.

Patricia said...

you look tanned and relaxed and tired out, too. perfect combination for a vacation.

i gotta admit when you mentioned a "gadget"" vending machine at a hotel, my mind went somewhere else. whatta ya say? we'd make a fortune!

Adam said...

You look great in the photo! An epiphany party?! Wow I thought my family was the only one left that celebrated Christmas all the way till the sixth.

I love the concept of as little human interaction as possible as well. I can't wait to get everything from a vending machine!

Angela said...

Absolutely beautiful and the sunset behind ya'll too ;-)

Snooze said...

I would be so broke if I stumbled across a vending machine like the one you describe. But if we are having vending machines like those in Japan, I wonder when the ones selling school girl [used] panties will arrive?

r said...

Great vacation, visit with family... warm and fuzzies from the comments...


Life is starting out good for you in 2006.

(hopeful that my warm fuzzies from your comments will renew soon...)

epicurist said...

Can't wait for more pictures and stories!

Jess said...

Sounds like your trip was great. That's terrific!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the top of the gay hotel with the beautiful sunsets! It's one of my favorite pastimes in PV. And the coctails are so cheap!

http://eurogay.blogspot.com/

Lee said...

You two are far too cute.

CoffeeDog said...

While you are there can pick me up a Coke from the pop machine, and an Ipod from the electronic vending maching honey?

jjd said...

nice photo you tanned bastard.

I've seen the start of these vending machines with the redboxes around DC that vend out crazy stuff like that. No ipods, but I don't see why not, methinks we are looking at the future of stores.

DEREK said...

looks like a fun place, I've been checking out a trip there myself.

Derek