Thursday, January 26, 2006

HNT and the job upshot

Burning up with the flu last week, spouse thought I looked "cute". (No, I don't see it.)

The decision has been made, I'm sticking with the job I've got. Once I'm done with this post, I've got to call the principal to decline the job offer.

Some of you bloggers seem to know me better than I know myself. I think my attraction to this other job was simply a matter of restlessness. And that maybe this is all a big lesson, a la The Wizard of Oz, that you don't need to go looking for something when you already have it in your own backyard.

And now I'm back in gratitude mode, grateful for the things I have and the people who surround me.

If for nothing else, this whole thing was worth it for helping me adjust my attitude about my current jobs.

(don't know what HNT is? Click here.)

15 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

Was that the point of The Wizard Of Oz?
I just thought it was about pretty shoes and midgets...

_Psycho said...

Seem like a smart choice to me.

Like the proverb say: "You are smarter than you look".

JUST KIDDING ! Im sure all HNT peoples visiting will want to kill me now ;)

Adam said...

Good choice.

You are cute!

Wenchy said...

I think the sick you looked kinda cute also!

madamerouge said...

I wish I had a widow's peak. Scratch that... I just wish I had hair...

OLY said...

Hope your feelin better.. sounds like your feeling better inside and out.

Happy HNT :)

Patricia said...

the fact that you say you don't see the "cute" makes you that much sexier, which of course is where all this started and where all of your HNTs end up, thereby getting me a little flustered and causing me to ramble on in endlessly long sentences which have no real point.

Holly said...

i will definitely be back for more HNT here *grin*

epicurist said...

Oops, I responded to your last post without reading this one, which is just as well. Glad you have made your decision. Get well and stay warm, or take off more...whichever you prefer. ;-p

Kevin said...

me likey HNT ... especially this one!

Naked Boy said...

You do look very cute.

Anonymous said...

"that you don't need to go looking for something when you already have it in your own backyard."
But how can you know if you never saw your neighboor's backyard...Isn't it the Lion who is finding some strenght to go forward and not beeing scared about what he has? I respect your decision you have taken but please do not compare your short life story with the Wizard of OZ.
Love you anyway, but sad that you haven't try.

dantallion said...

Actually, that pic is really adorable.

As for the job, I'm glad to hear it. They say that "change is good, donkey", but change just for the sake of change rarely works out the way we want it to, in my experience.

Snooze said...

Very cute pic.

Catching up with your blog and I've missed a lot. Congratulations on your decision. Working hard to have a lifestyle you find rewarding is gold. I agree with what Dan posted.

Spider said...

You don't see it - well I sure do - a very cute pic!