Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Could this be why

I don't have so many gay friends?

- my eyes glaze over at the first mention of this or that DJ

- fashion bores me

- I have trouble saying up past 12

- I can have a full conversation in a public place without saying "check out that hottie over there." (Who cares?! You can see as many naked hottes as you want via internet)

- I buy used clothes and welcome hand-me-downs.

- I like the outdoors, camping and roughing it. Dirt is my friend.

- farting can be a fun sport

- if you're on the friend list, you're off the potential sex list

- I'm a lightweight in all things inebriating

- I can't stand around in a bar for long. This has got to be the boringest (non) activity on earth. I yawn a lot in bars.

- doesn't anyone want to sit around, share some wine, smoke a joint and play cards anymore?

15 comments:

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Yeah I do ;-)

Kevin said...

I may have to visit Montreal sometime soon ...

jeremy said...

please, no intra-minority stereotyping!! it hurts my feelings.
my good friend walt whitman wrote, "i am vast, i contain multitudes. i have room to contradict myself." let's try and remember that about everyone else, too, m'kay?
por ejemplo--i like the dance music, but i also like farting games. see, people are complex. maybe you'd have more gay friends if you conceded to the fact that they aren't cardboard cutouts?

tornwordo said...

You're right Jeremy, it's probably just because I'm so judgemental, lol.

St. Dickeybird said...

I feel the same way.
Of course, I also don't have so many gay friends since I stopped sleeping with them.
:(

Patricia said...

hmmm, i dunno if the reasons speak to why you have fewer gay friends but they sure speak to why it's easy for me to wanna call you a friend :)

all 'cept the fart stuff. maybe it's the guy thing, but i say ew.

MamaKBear said...

ME!! I DO!!

But I caaaaannnn'ttt 'til DHS is out of the picture again.

I SO miss smokin' doobies.

Snooze said...

Yes, but you do have an allegiance to the gym and a great body. That gives you insta status in gay culture [and our idol on HNT].

Anonymous said...

So nice to see that someone else in the world prefers a casual night of conversation, cards, and herbal refreshment. Count me in.

popfizz said...

ill play cards with you as long as its not go fish or something similar.

i am talking cash money poker here bud....

oh.. and i am not gay.
but i think you already know that.

epicurist said...

I have found that I over the years my priorities and interests have changed. Once the Party and club, bar boy, I am now suitably comfortable entertaining friends with food, wine and good conversation. A joint of course is always a welcome thing, but my ability to speak coherent thoughts becomes rather limited.

epicurist said...

And yes, Farting IS a sport!

Tony Adams said...

You guys can come visit us anytime. I'm just not sure about this "potential sex list" business, but hey, there's another bus every five minutes.

r said...

so weird... I commented on at least three, maybe four of your posts yesterday, and I only see one of the comments.

cards, friends and wine, all good.

CoffeeDog said...

Farting is an event worthy of the olympics!