Thursday, February 15, 2007

Non-scintillating

We had a pretty good snowstorm yesterday. It's windy like the dickens out there and all the snow seemed to drift onto our patio where over a foot awaits my shoveling . If my camera works (it's so darn cold that batteries refuse to function) I'll take some pics today.

We received the judgement concerning nude dancer's lease yesterday. We were granted our request to cancel the lease but we must wait thirty days until we execute it. (ha!) The fly in the ointment is that we cannot seize his personal belongings nor can we dispose of them. It appears that we are legally required to store that stuff for 10 years. But the flip side is that if we toss his stuff out, it will be up to him to PROVE that he had the stuff and that we wrongly disposed of it.

Work is good but hectic right now. I'm running a little late as we speak and today is my big day of the week. Hopefully, I'll have something more scintillating to report tomorrow.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the judgment!

Spider said...

"Stuff? What stuff" I NEVER say any stuff in your place... You must have us confused with the OTHER apartment you stiffed for the rent..."

Hope there is scntillating news tomorrow - I think that is the first time in my life I have typed that word...

Timmy said...

great news on the judgement, time for a yard sale!

My adventures said...

There's got to be a money making idea in there somewhere, like a deadbeat's storage facility or something. I can't beleive they'd make you store it for 10 years, WTF? Who makes up these laws and could they please not do it after a 4 martini lunch!!

Jason said...

I've heard about people that buy unpaid storage spaces full of people's stuff. Like one big goody bag.

r said...

well, if it's anything like you having to PROVE you tried to contact nude dancer... his stuff is toast.

GayProf said...

I am glad that you have a decision on ND. Soon he will just be another quirky story from your life.

dirk.mancuso said...

Congrats on the judgement. And now you can raid his wardrobe for kicky new ensembles!

Just make sure if he comes around for his things that you don't answer the door in his rhinestone g-string and matching cowboy hat...

Anonymous said...

TEN YEARS??? Unbelievable.

Does Canada have a booming self-storage business? ;-)

madamerouge said...

:-)

Sunshine said...

10 years! You've got to be joking! Just as well he didn't leave a lot behind. Just imagine if he had a massive amount of furniture - who would pay the storage costs??! There I thought some Australian laws were nonsensical. :S

Sh@ney said...

Ahh a good thing has come about...Maybe not everything you expected, but still a good move...Hmmm I wish I was shovelling snow...Have a good week buddy...xoxox

dawn said...

Try not to be wearing any of his clothes when you are claiming to never have seen any of his stuff...Just a little free legal advice.

Patricia said...

i always wondered just how much, quantitatively speaking, "the dickens" is. whether it be weather or anything else. i must look this up. but i gotta tell ya, it makes you sound like maybe you're from minnesota, you betcha.