Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This and that

Great. Just great. Another tenant gave notice yesterday. 16 days notice. But she did deliver the news with a bottle of wine, which I thought was a nice touch. She was shocked to learn that she is on the hook for 30 days if we can't find a replacement in time. Not that we could actually enforce the law or anything, I mean the judge is still "deliberating" our request to evict nude dancer. (Really, and can you believe it!? What's to deliberate? The fucker took off and never came back. Unbelievable this "process".) Truth is we're going to miss her a bit. She has many suitors and is quite expressive while sexually engaged. Serge and I found the best eavesdropping spot in the closet and we would huddle in there giggling. Good times.

Speaking of good times, I got a big kick out of my students over at Health Canada yesterday. With a straight face and in all earnestness they claimed that the government operates just like a private business. Oh how I laughed. Perhaps a bit too much.

I'll be giddy all day today over tomorrow's forecast blizzard. Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy OH BOY!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our blizzard is now turning into "wintery mix" - read: freezing rain. I hate that stuff!

You boys are SO bad! Listening in the closet! Tell me, could you hear well enough without the glass to the wall? LOL!

Anonymous said...

...excuse me but we thought you two were out of the closet

j&m

Sunshine said...

You guys are pervs. *giggle* :P

My adventures said...

good times!!! lol!!! i actually snorted i laughed so hard!!

mainja said...

okay, i am a gov't employee and i can honestly say i would *never* try to say our ministry ran like a private business...

Polt said...

"the best eavesdropping spot in the closet and we would huddle in there giggling"

Hehehe, this had me giggling too, just picturing you two. :)

Your blizzard....out icy, snowy, sleety, wintry mix. I'd rather have the blizzard.

HUGS....

Spider said...

I can see the two of you huddled in the closet in your boxers and t-shirts just giggling like schoolgirls - yea - that does sounds like good times!

Timmy said...

eavesdropping is great!

blizzard warning here too....good times!

Jason said...

I hope my work shuts down early and calls it a "snow day."

GayProf said...

Yeah, we are supposed to get snow, then rain, then freezing rain. That sounds like fun.

St. Dickeybird said...

Going back into the closet because of a neighbours sex life?
Hmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can rent to a gay couple. They might be even better to listen too. Heck they may want you guys to join them.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she ever spent time in her closet listening to you and Spouse?

Blizzard ... best viewed from indoors with spouse and dog to keep you warm.

Anonymous said...

Dang.

dirk.mancuso said...

I love the image of you two in the closet, looking at each other and stifling giggles. So cute.

The blizzard is here. The road to work was plowed at 5am and was already about 3/4's blown shut when I left at 7:30am. They are closing everything and telling you to stay off the roads unless it is an emergency.

I forgot how much I hate tons of snow.

bardelf said...

Yes, the departing tenant's gift of a bottle of wine was a nice touch.

You and Serge can uncork it, pour two glasses, sip and giggle, as you huddle together in the closet.

Patricia said...

wow you guys have some interesting characters in your building!

Nude Dancer and Many Suitored. who else do we need to know about?

good luck getting out in the snow. i dread it already.

A Lewis said...

Be careful about hanging out in the closet and giggling....may give off the worst of impressions (even though it may be lots of fun!)

Curtis said...

Yeah, we got some of the white stuff too. 6 inches. Normally, I wouldn't complain . . .

dawn said...

16 days notice is totally a normal amount of time, right? That is not an odd number of days at all.

I'm sorry that she (and her little show) are moving on. One can only hope the next tenant is as vocal...

You realize that you are living in a sitcom, right?