Monday, April 21, 2008

This and that

We saw the crazy lady again yesterday. We haven't seen her since last summer when she came by every few days to glare at the next door neighbor's window and shout at it. It was many months before we could piece together the nature of her grievances. Usually she shouted, "Salma! Salma! I am not a WHORE!" One day, she caught Salma out on his balcony and started shouting at him. We couldn't hear his retorts, but a couple of times she changed course and screamed, "But I LOVE YOU Salma! I LOVE YOU!" So we figure she is a spurned woman, perhaps the incarnation of Glenn Close's role in Fatal Attraction. She didn't shout anything yesterday, she just hung out and glared at his apartment for a while.

We caught a bit of spring cleaning fever yesterday. Spouse defrosted the freezer (why do they still make them without the automatic defrosting element?) and I went through our wardrobe and pitched everything that hasn't been worn in a year. And I found two shirts that still had the tags on them. Spouse reminded me that they were purchased last summer in Palm Springs....for me. I have no recollection of it, so it just feels like I got two new shirts.

Blue poo. Has anyone had this? Spouse was a bit alarmed when he called me into the bathroom. He pointed to the bluish residue coating the porcelain. "What did you put in there?" he wanted to know. I informed him that there was nothing blue or otherwise that I had thrown in there. "You must have pooped it," I concluded. He has had a funky stomach the past couple of days, so I suggested maybe he ate something blue. We stood there thinking about what blue things could have been eaten, and we came up with nothing. The best we could figure, he sleepwalked to the store, purchased blueberries, ate them and went back to bed. I took the toilet brush to scrub away the residue. Spouse was surprised and said, "I need to get the camera, I've never seen you clean the toilet." "Once a decade my love, once a decade," I replied.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I have this comical image in my head of the two of you scratching your heads standing in the bathroom trying to think of what you could have eaten that was blue.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see the picture of Torn scrubbing away at the Blue Poo. Maybe Serge ate something Yellow and something Green. Don't Yellow and Green make Blue?
Congrats on having two new Spring shirts to wear.
Next time crazy lady came by I would put a sign out for her to read: "He's not worth it, move on". Ed

Snooze said...

Congratulations on the new found shirts!

John said...

I kept thinking of you as I listened to CBC's "The Current".
A whole 25 minutes called "poo!".
The podcast is still there if you use iTunes.
Go to :http://www.cbc.ca/podcasting/
look down the list to find "The Current",
click on iTunes, and there listed at #4 (or April 11, in case they add new ones) is:
Poo!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was something he drank. Blue Gatorade or something. Or maybe he is turning into a smurf! LOL! Did he take the picture of you cleaning the toilet? Please say he did!
-Rox

don said...

Usually people in relationships pretend that they don't poo. But your guys, you actually examine each other's residue. Jeez. Match made in heaven.
Here is another poo story for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHZGykdH-M

justabamaguy said...

Hey forget the photo of Torn scrubbing the toilet, that only happens once every 10 years. Now a picture of blue poop, that's much more blog worthy in my view. Snap us a view of blue poo. Include close ups and various camera angles. Inquiring Alabama minds wanna see!! Hey, isn't that what blogging is all about? Secret trips inside the deep dark worlds of our writers, yeah that's it!! P.S. Thanks for your comments to snap me back to reality Torn. Much appreciated!!

A Lewis said...

I love it when people have to actually yell and scream out their "I am not a whore" Disclaimer. I used to use that excuse too.

Polt said...

Blue colored nacho chips will make your poo an almost pastel color of green, this I know from personal experience. But blue poo? Nope, never heard of that.

HUGS...

Jess said...

Maybe the crazy lady cast a Blue Poo Curse on Salma, but her aim was bad and she hit your place instead! ;-)

GayProf said...

why do they still make them without the automatic defrosting element?

I didn't know that they did.

Blue poo sounds potentially doctor worthy if his stomach has also been off (not to sound alarmist).

Cooper said...

The only time I have seen this was after my son ate blue bubblegum ice cream. It was just a trace, but nevertheless noticeable. He thought it was cool.

Anonymous said...

Yes it's been that way here too. I scrubbed the range top area down so it's now sparkling, cleaned out the tub, the bathroom sink, and even the toilet.

I get to do all the disgusting jobs btw. Keyron won't go near a dirty toilet. I don't think he'd be pleased if I mentioned how far fecal matter spreads every time you flush.

Butch said...

"Once a decade my love, once a decade."
=================================== Indeed! ( whether it needs it or not.) ;-)

Interesting story about your neighbor and his spurned love interest. Signs of Spring, eh?

Jen said...

Could it be algae from the spring run off water? Not a red tide at your house, a blue one...

Paul said...

I just learned over the weekend that you don't digest potato skins very well (or at least I don't).

All I could think of was, "What's up with the little shreds of brown paper towels in the toilet?"

Mark in DE said...

Blue poo - I think I would have been a bit alarmed, too.

Mark :-)

Greg said...

"Once a decade..." Well, I'm sure it's nice to have that out of the way--you're set until 2018!!

Coincidentally, I had a bi-color striped movement this morning (a rich dark brown and cornmeal yellow, to save you asking), but not blue! This seems obvious, but you don't have blue toilet water, do you?

Of course, it could've been nearly anything from the *previous* ten years, eh?

Summer said...

Hhhhhmmm, blue poo. Not many blue foods out there. Mr. Fab is an expert on blue poo as he did an experiment ingesting blue food coloring. Hope Serge feels better today

Nicki said...

Maybe he was abducted by Smurf aliens and the blue is residual from his anal probe.

What? Weirder things have happened.

TED said...

Freezers that defrost automatically do so by getting warmer, so food doesn't last as long.

My partner was out of town for a while last summer, so I decided to defrost the freezer, which had been here much longer than I had. All of the food was carefully labeled, even the food that was frozen into solid chunks of ice. The oldest food was from 1992. I threw it out, of course, but I kept the labeled containers as proof.

Java said...

I've been cleaning out my mother's freezer. We actually ate the ground beef that had been in there for 2 years. Spiced it up good first, though.

Artificial coloring will come through the system virtually unchanged. Hence the blue colored nacho chips. (not the natural blue corn nacho chips, though) A babysitter once fed my kids "green eggs and ham" using lots of green food coloring. While changing the diaper the next day I got quite a surprise. It's a good thing I'm as laid back as I am. I called the babysitter to ask, rather than calling the doctor in panic.