Saturday, April 05, 2008

This n that

Sara still has the runs, and she woke me up to tell me at 2am, 3:30am, 4:30am and 6am. This makes loving feelings for the pooch difficult to access. She hasn't had anymore accidents in the house, but I can see she has that crampy, feeling like you have to go all the time feeling. I gave her a few chunks of cheese yesterday to try to get things firming up. She's still eating fine and her nose is cold and wet, so I think she'll be fine. Just a little stomach bug I hope.

I came out of my midday class yesterday horrified to see heavy snow falling outside. It was supposed to rain yesterday, but it didn't, it snowed. Big wet heavy snow.

This was as I walked home from the metro. April 4th. This better be the last time, I just can't take anymore.

I found out some news yesterday that really sucker punched me. Seems the Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong is being torn down to make way for an office building. The Ritz is only 15 years old, and I know because I helped open it and that's where Serge and I spent our first night together. We've always said that one day we would return. But now that won't be possible, since they're destroying it. Apparently office space is more profitable in that location than a hotel. That hotel will only exist in our memories now, much like the wild spaces I played in growing up. They're all covered in asphalt now.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a shame that you won't be able to ever go back to the exact place you first made love. You'll still be able to make love to the same guy though, which is the most important thing.
It is below freezing here this morning. It is April for chrissakes! I would grumble except you have it worse. Ed

Java said...

They paved paradise, put up a parking lot.
And razed the building of your memories. Yes, but you still have your memories, those will remain. And what a sweet memory it is.

Poor Sara. I hope she feels better soon. I hope you get some better sleep tonight. Can you catch a nap today?

We've got rain and thunderstorms here today. This area has been in a drought for at least a year, and even if we get the inch or more they are predicting, it still leaves us way below average rainfall for the year. I hope your snow melts soon! Poor Montreal!

My adventures said...

You could still return to Hong Kong and do it in the elevator of the new office building when it finished! Just a thought!

Bruno said...

NO CHEESE
it has the opposite effect on dogs,, gives them "loose stools"

oh well
sorry about the Hong Kong thing.

Anonymous said...

I hate the thought of loosing the foundation upon which memories were built. However, I also realize it is impossible to stop, and the need for progress cannot be denied. it is good that you can recall the memories created there though and have some record made of those memories that you will be able to look back in years and recall them clearly.

My best hopes for a speedy recovery for Sara as she is ready to feel better and her Dad is ready to get a full nights sleep again.

-C

lattégirl said...

I think you need to add cooked rice to Sara's diet? I also had the impression (like commenter Bruno) that cheese was bad in this sort of case with dogs. But then again, you could Google doggie diarreah.

Now there's a word I can NEVER spell.

Word verification: oymewg

(sounds like oy, me!)

Lemuel said...

"You can't go home again." With each passing year I learn the truth of the line from the old Simon and Garfunkel song on the Bookends LP - "Hold on to your memories. They're all that's left you."

lattégirl said...

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/diarrhea.htm

don said...

. Give Sara a hug, she is doing the best she can.
. Spring is around the corner.
. Look forward to creating a new memory with Serge on the boat cruise.

GayProf said...

I can't believe that a building that is 15 years old is now considered disposable. Sigh -- This planet really is going to shake off humans sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Better asphalt than snow.

(It snowed here overnight, can you tell I'm completely bitter?!)

Poor Sara. Rice and boiled hamburger. If I know anything, it's what to eat when your tummy is off and your ass is pissing fire!
-Rox

"Tommy" said...

Lots like ya'lls snow is there to stay.

Its sort of rainy here in Louisiana.

For the hotel, ah..but aren't they great memories!!!

Anonymous said...

My dogs eat cheese often, and never have diarrhea, but this is only anecdotal, I realize.

I too hate it when things and places change forever that were part of my life. I guess we all do. It's still sad and aggravating at the same time, though. There are places I'll remember, all my life.... wait, isn't that a song?

:-)

Greg said...

Oh, no...more snow?! Can you buy a bunch of daffodils to bring a little extra sunshine to your weekend?

Hope Sara's on the mend. Poor babe. Meanwhile, watch ur step.

Sad about the hotel. But the memory's always sweeter. Especially when there's fresh kissin' to be done.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the 27-story Calvin Klein underwear billboard on the side of the Hong Kong Ritz Carlton? It's hot. And causing lots of debate over there!