Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ugh, again

I was in such a funk yesterday as spouse and I silently prepared for the day. I just didn't feel good. We exchanged our customary good-byes sans the kiss. I got on the bus feeling really bad, the sun hurt my eyes and geez this bus is cold and I just kept berating myself for having that second martini, after all, what else could explain my physical suffering. I got a coffee to sip during class, I wasn't hungry in the least for lunch, even though we all usually eat lunch at the lunchtime class. As I sipped, it felt like I could actually do this, teach this class, and forget about my lousy aches and pains for two hours. I waited and waited and nobody showed up. All absent. When I got home I got the shivers really bad and took a bath. Then the shivers again when I got out and I jumped in the bed to warm up. What's going on here? I got out the thermometer and was so relieved to see I had a fever, 101. Ah that explains it, now I can let myself off the hook. I canceled my other class and camped in bed and watched Oprah for the first time in 8 years.

This morning is a bit better, the eyeballs don't hurt quite as much, so I'm going to give it a go and teach my first class. Then I'll reassess. Hope your day is better than mine. Peace.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself, Torn. Eat some Chicken Soup. Be the first to tell spouse you're sorry and kiss and make-up. If nothing else at least maybe he'll catch what you've got. haha. Ed

BentonQuest said...

I would also suggest having some Chai, I don't know if it does anything to heal the body, but it is good for the soul.

Often, our body forces us to take care of ourselves.

Snooze said...

I hope it's not the start of this flu from hell. It'll knock you right out. Good thing you rested right away.

Anonymous said...

You watched OPRAH?!

You really ARE sick!

Feel better soon, dear.
-Rox

Patricia said...

I hope Serge warms up and takes good care of you while you're not feeling well.

My adventures said...

Alcohol and arguing take a lot out of a person!! Fluids and apologies are my recommendation!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Torn, hope you're feeling better. There must be something cosmic going on! So many people feeling -bah-. I came down with a bad case of stomach flu yesterday. Or it might have been the Chinese food I ate sunday... Either way, am feeling like crap, crapping all day.
On the up side: being sick leaves me a little more time to read my favorite blogs ;-)
Greetings from the Dutch fan base!

bardelf said...

Sounds as if your body was responding to the unhappy moments that you and Serge had. I hope you two make up and that you feel better. Hugs.

Cooper said...

The entire class didn't show? Wow.

Drink lots of fluids, keep warm, snuggle Sara, and when Serge gets home, make-up with him. I hope you feel better soon, Torn.

GayProf said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Get lots of sleep.

ChickenStrip said...

Aw! Hope you feel better now!

justabamaguy said...

Get well soon!! Watch TV, take in a few soaps and that will make you feel better sooner than you expect.

Anonymous said...

Poor booj.

Anonymous said...

Polenta made with chicken broth baked off till firm as a side to the chicken noodle soup will empower the souls of the dead; even the flu ridden.

Hope you're feeling better in short order and you two kiss and make up rapidly as well.

-C

TED said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick.

The same thing happens to me when I come down with a bug. At first, I generally attribute it to some (usually mild) misbehavior, and then I'm relieved to find that it's some virus or bacteria. I'm less relieved during the next few days it takes to recover, but bad television is always a good balm. I find that I especially enjoy old episodes of Gilligan's Island when I'm sick, and the sicker I am, the more I like them.

Java said...

Ick and ugh. I hope you feel better soon.

Mark in DE said...

Sorry you're under the weather, and hope it doesn't last too long.

Mark :-)

Birdie said...

Oh, sweetie, I'll bet you're just one of many in your class who is down with this. It is sweeping through the blogosphere, too. (Is this a new kind of cybervirus, contagious through the keyboard? Uh oh.)

Echoing advice from above: chicken soup, tea, rest and apologies.

Birdie

dantallion said...

Awww, feel better, Wordo. And I hope things defrost a little between you and Serge like, well, now.

David said...

Hope yoe feel better, Torn. And I hope Serge gets a pass on the sickness.

Because, you getting him sick could cause even more problems.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better Torn! Glad to see that you are taking care of yourself and not overextending yourself!

Greg said...

What luck they all skipped...sorry you're under a cloud. Rest up, share some peacemaking, pet the dog. There's Bugs Bunny on YouTube...

Butch said...

Here's hoping you are on the mend.