* This blog is kind of like the recession. Traffic is down 30% from a year ago. I can't believe that the french fry recipe is still by far the biggest traffic drawer.
* The tulips all popped out yesterday. It was like they were all in cahoots. Spring is really and truly here. I'm gonna wait another week before I put the jasmine outside though since frost is still possible in these parts.
* Now that the weather is warmer, I just want to play hookey every day. I have to keep the momentum going until the end of June though.
* In California a couple weeks ago I popped out to get Serge and I a breakfast sandwich and coffee from McDonald's (shutup the coffee is GOOD there and the Mcmuffins are hangover helpers) and it cost more than in Canada without even making the currency conversion. That meant it was about 25% higher priced there. Everything seemed more expensive to me in fact.
* I know why traffic is down, who could possibly care about all this crap I write? I'd love to make it more interesting, but life is pretty dull at the moment (which frankly is how I like it) and meals are probably the most interesting thing going on. This week I had killer tuna salad with avocado and tabasco for lunch every day. I just can't get enough of that combo. The only drawback is that the butt coffee is a little spicy.
* The college buds are coming out of the woodwork on Fbook. I keep being reminded of things I had long ago forgotten. I'm not so sure this is a good thing.
* This will take up more of your free time than you think. Via Matt.
* At the convenience stores here, there aren't any fountain drinks, only bottled sodas. The idea of a big gulp would probably be abhorrent here.