* This blog is kind of like the recession. Traffic is down 30% from a year ago. I can't believe that the french fry recipe is still by far the biggest traffic drawer.
* The tulips all popped out yesterday. It was like they were all in cahoots. Spring is really and truly here. I'm gonna wait another week before I put the jasmine outside though since frost is still possible in these parts.
* Now that the weather is warmer, I just want to play hookey every day. I have to keep the momentum going until the end of June though.
* In California a couple weeks ago I popped out to get Serge and I a breakfast sandwich and coffee from McDonald's (shutup the coffee is GOOD there and the Mcmuffins are hangover helpers) and it cost more than in Canada without even making the currency conversion. That meant it was about 25% higher priced there. Everything seemed more expensive to me in fact.
* I know why traffic is down, who could possibly care about all this crap I write? I'd love to make it more interesting, but life is pretty dull at the moment (which frankly is how I like it) and meals are probably the most interesting thing going on. This week I had killer tuna salad with avocado and tabasco for lunch every day. I just can't get enough of that combo. The only drawback is that the butt coffee is a little spicy.
* The college buds are coming out of the woodwork on Fbook. I keep being reminded of things I had long ago forgotten. I'm not so sure this is a good thing.
* This will take up more of your free time than you think. Via Matt.
* At the convenience stores here, there aren't any fountain drinks, only bottled sodas. The idea of a big gulp would probably be abhorrent here.
The idea of a big gulp is (or should be) abhorrent in any civilized civilization, if you ask me.
Oh, you mean at the "dépanneur" not the convenience store :-)
Don't fret about the lower hits on your blog. Remember "quality before quantity"!
My traffic's down too. And that means a lot when I have so few readers. I blame FB.
You're my morning coffee! I love reading your blog, poop posts notwithstanding. But I hate you for linking me to the music box. I have work to do.
Soda, soda, soda, FENCE.
Word verif: behantac. What's up with that?
I will always come here to see you!
Blogging, I was going to blog about the camping trip we took, but am lazy and just not feeling it right now.
Lower readership is just the nature of the blogging boom and bust. At first it was the new thing, then the populist thing, now it's just for those that truly like to read and write and share ideas in this format.
I still read you!
Is the tuna-avocado salad one you make yourself or do you buy it somewhere? Can you pop the particulars into a "Snippets" or "This n That" post sometime, please? It sounds good, even though avocados are usually ridiculously high-priced.
I agree...the coffee at Mickey's place is pretty damned good. And, I concur, blogging (like everything else in life) runs in cycles. Let's stick with it. Let's be on one of those old people who still has a blog on the day they roll us away.
perhaps traffic is down while RSS subscriptions are higher.
I agree with David. Blogging, as a genre, is going through its own cycle.
Spring appeared here while I was away over the weekend. Suddenly everything sprouted and bloomed all in one go.
The tulips are starting to pop up here too, no flowers yet though. I'm telling you, I have the spring fever so bad, it's delicious!
I still cringe every time I get a friend request on FB. Makes me panic.
The idea of a big gulp is abhorrent here, too. Ellen had a funny piece on that just the other day.
The tuna sounds tasty. What all goes in? I stay in the mayo & celery rut.
Have a lovely weekend, hope Serge is feeling better!
What is "butt coffee"?? It figures that if its got something to do with poo, you'd write about it!
Roxita does NOT cringe when people request her friendship on facebook. She's got like 2,754 friends on there...like she cares who befriends her! Ha! I spit on her false fear.
Nobody reads my retard blog anymore either but I've found peace with that.
Your boring crap is more interesting than the interesting crap I read on other blogs.
Yep, I think more people are using RSS and news aggregators. Don't get a complex now, we are all still here. :P
My dear...just ebb & flow!!!
word verification: snesser. I like that!
Yours is one of my favourite blogs to read - I love how your craft your words even when you think you have nothing to say.
And now I have another recipe to lift with the avacado & tuna...I'll pass on the tabasco though. The steak marinade you posted (last summer I think) has CHANGED MY LIFE it is that good. (lemon juice, soy sauce & garlic) I had a Valentine's Day BBQ (dig out of the snow) serving those marinated steaks to my parents and uncle and, well, my Dad now looks at me with this new respect...
Still waiting for the opportunity to make the peanut butter pie.
I agree, I think blogging is going through a transition of some sort, and we'll see a falling away, maybe even a refinement of some kind. No, I don't know what that means, but if I'm correct, it should be interesting. When I first started my blog, I thought it needed to have a purpose, a mission, some kind of structure, but then I realized that the blogs I most enjoyed reading were the ones that gave me articulate glimpses of people's lives. Getting to visit with you and so many others over coffee has become a real pleasure. I imagine meeting in person we'd start out discussing many of the same things that come up here. For the record though, I might move the discussion along before we spend a lot of time on butt coffee.
I just started coming over here for a look-see, and I got hooked!
last visit to montreal was 1991; love the city!
will keep dropping by!
PS - word is "extedues"; c'est francais, non?
My stats are down, just like my weight. But, I have to realize I do this for myself, and not someone else.
Who am I kidding? I do write for other people.
OMG, I both love and hate you for the music box thing.
I need to get some better tracking software installed on the WP version of Midnight Garden, something I've been lazy about. I know I'm reading fewer blogs than a year ago, but I think that might result from having a lesser need for escapism, but yeah, Facebook is a time eater rivalled perhaps only by this music thing.
Hope you guys are feeling better soon!
I think blogs are taking a hit with the popularity of Facebook and Twitter -- my traffic is own, too.
LOL @ "butt coffee."
First time here, although I'm reading for quite some time, but I thought to let you know that you have traffic from Belgium, the country that invented the French fries.
Bien à toi
Yeah my traffic is down too. But look how many freakin' comments you have! I think this just means that the people who are still blogging are the dedicated ones who were in it for the right reasons to begin with. So it's not a bad thing.
at first I read "maybe readership is down because I write ABOUT crap" ha! ha!!
I bet it is this flu that is making the rounds right now that has your readership down - I've been sick and am now behind by 6 posts!
As much as I'm all about Tim's - I totally agree with you - McDonald's coffee IS good, and there is NOTHING better for the morning after than a sausage mcmuffin!!
Post a Comment