Sunday, February 12, 2006

I respond to your questions

Because I post every day, I have not got into the habit of responding to the comments posted. Sometimes I feel like responding, but then I don't want to slight any other commenters, and so I don't respond, recoiling from the duty of answering everyone. Dantallion usually answers everyone which is really cool, but I just don't have the time to do it every day. That said, rest assured that I read and appreciate all the wonderful comments and do my best to reciprocate, (though this takes awhile with first-time commenters.) Here are four questions from the past couple of weeks I've decided to not let go unanswered:


Snooze asks on the topic of listening to the weather band radio every night, "Did that habit drive the Spouse insane?" Well it does, but not because of what you might think. You see the radio has a telescopic antenna, and the little nob at the end is broken off leaving a jagged metal end. He is very jittery when in bed with the radio in the dark, convinced that his eye will be gouged out by the antenna.

Dantallion poses the question for HNT this week, " Nice nipple. But had you just woken up? You've got what look like pillow lines embedded in your skin!" As a matter of fact, yes. And I couldn't understand how he saw that until I clicked on the pic which brought up a ginormous version, replete with impressions of creased bed sheets. That's what happens when you slog out of bed, realize with horror that it's HNT thursday and you've prepared nothing so you grab the camera and take shots avoiding the bedhead and puffy eyes. I didn't consider the bed pattern on the skin.

On the topic of Get Rich Quick Schemes, Farmboyz offers, " Here's my money idea:a coffee table book in which each left hand page has nine dick photos, and each right hand page has nine face photos. The idea is to try to match the dick with the face of its owner. (answers in the back of the book). What do you think? " Well, I think that's just fine. And my mind went wild thinking about the spinoff ideas, boardgames, and playing cards. But then I thought, "Who's going to want to pose for such a thing?" And there, my friend, is the proverbial fly in the ointment.

Of the Opera Singing Bus Driver, t asks, " Was he any good? " I think so. The oddness of it was distracting me from any kind of critical analysis of it. I didn't mention it before but he was bald with a long mullet from the remaining hair growing at the base of his skull.

These are but questions, quite a few comments are so clever and witty that they upstage add value to the post. Frankly, I love all the anecdotes, opinions and one-liners you commenters come up with. You're a talented group of people. Smooch!

4 comments:

Snooze said...

Aw, thanks for that answer. It still has me chuckling. I just love the fact that you manage to post as frequently as you do. You are my daily read.

It's funny, but after reading Dantallion's comment I went and looked closely at your pic to see the sheet marks. I thought either Dan's awfully observant, or had spent a lot of time examining the photo. can't blame him!

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

You are my daily read too, beats the metro!

Keep it up and the blog! ha ha ha ahve a good week

dantallion said...

Well thanks for the response. Given that you post every day, it's understandable that you wouldn't respond to every comment. It would become a full time career.

Patricia said...

i like your commenters, too. a buncha smartasses who make me grin on a daily basis. my favorite kind of people.