Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday drivel


Last night I said, "Let's take a picture!" and this was the result. Notice spouse's "over it" look.

I'm getting a little stir crazy, so it must be mid February. Though we've had bright, sunny skies lately, the cold arctic air has taken up residence and shows no signs of leaving. Sigh. January was so kind and gentle this year, I guess it's up to truculent February to find balance. And while the sun is climbing higher in the sky and the days expand, I know that snow will be in the forecast until April. It's a long road to Spring up here.

They are forecasting single digits for highs in Ottawa next weekend (-16C), I had hoped it would be cold enough for skating, but that just might be TOO cold for skating. We may simply become experts in our aquaintance with the hotel room.

This whole week has been rather blah, overall, with little excitement punctuating the monotony. The word "doldrums" comes to mind.

I got a book in the mail from my mom yesterday. "The Knitting Directory". It's a great little book detailing methods and techniques. It charms me that she went out of her way to send me that. Thanks mom!

Tonight we've got a party to go to. Actually we've got two invites. We've decided to go to the one two blocks away given the cold and the potential fun factor. I haven't called back the other invite yet to decline because I hate doing that. I feel like I have to lie, because it's not right to say that we had a better offer. Saying, "we had other plans" is just as bad. Too impersonal. I'd like to go to both to please these people, but I can't as they are at the same time. Ugh.

Well I'm off to clean the house, a chore I adore. (the sarcastic intonation goes on the word "adore") Good weekend all!

5 comments:

Snooze said...

The Spouse's look is fantastic. Now, can't you just tell the people you have to decline that the Spouse already accepted the invite to the other party? Partnership. That's what it's all about.

Jess said...

"truculent"--good word! I just hope you guys get some warm weather soon. I hope we get some, too, even though we're not quite as cold as you guys. Actually, today we're getting a lot of snow. The weather guy said something about a lizard being involved. I don't know what a lizard could have to do with snow, but he said something about a lizard. Go figure! ;)

r said...

Today's supposed to be 80 here. Weirdly warm, but I'm not complaining.

I tried to clean my house yesterday, but I'm such a slob it's not a one-day deal.

How can one person make so much mess?


ps: I like that pic...

dantallion said...

adorable...in a "get that camera the hell out of my face" sorta way....

Patricia said...

i love this picture. casual and sweet and real.