Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Over the hump?

Well I slept off and on all day, which is why I'm up in the middle of the night, feeling like I've passed the cusp of severity of this bug, still not completely coherent, but at least willing to actually do something like write.

Run on sentences are okay when they mimic the interior life of the writer. (he says sticking out his tongue.)

And I hate it when people refer to themselves in the third person, as I just have.

Spouse has been coddling me, he made chicken soup and keeps trying to make me take everything in the medicine cabinet. (I'm very resistant to such tactics. Water, vitamin C, rest. Time. And more time. This is all there is to do.)

Yesterday, I canceled my lessons but still had one at the lunch hour that was uncancellable. It was murder. Then when I got home, there was a note on the door:

"Call me at work to know where the key is."

See, we had the locksmith over in the morning to re-key and repair all the locks in the building, so I didn't have a key because I was out when the guy finished the job. So I go the the corner liquor store and ask if I can use their phone. Spouse didn't answer. Oh and did I mention that it was fucking ridiculously cold and windy outside? Oh and that I was sick as a dog? Yes? Okay, just so you understand the hatred I was experiencing when I got the fucking voicemail.

After trying three more times, I went to just look for the hidden key, which was hidden, guess where, no really just guess.

Yes, it was in the mailbox. Clever eh?

I was bitter.

Alright, I'm off to bed. Gotta be up at 6, but now that the blog post is done, that could be 6:30.

Oh yeah, and thank you, thank you, thank you, for all the kind words of late. It is appreciated in a bottomless way.

9 comments:

Chunks said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Take it easy and no more treasure hunts for lost keys! haha! I can imagine you were ragin'! (I would be, but I am perimenopausal)

Snooze said...

What a nightmare for you, but it does make me laugh that you relied on your local liquor store to use the phone. I hope you at least made a yummy purchase while there.

St. Dickeybird said...

Send this post to Oprah. You could be the next James Frey.
:)
Glad you're feeling better.

Adam said...

Can't you just email eachother? Thats what we always do. I like your method of healing and subscribe to it myself.

Jason said...

This freezing weather has to end soon. I'm fed up.

_Psycho said...

You won't remember that you was sick in 2 days don't worry ;)

dantallion said...

Glad you're on the mend - yesterday was not the right day to be standing around outside - let alone sick. It was fricking cold out there.

Hope the day goes well.

epicurist said...

Awww, a big hug and warmth to ya! I'll roll a dessert for you!

Patricia said...

oh i'd be holdin a grudge and waiting for some major apologetic kissing up on spouse's part.