Friday, August 05, 2005

Fleeing the city

We're off today to the country. Damn I hope it's cooler there. It should be since the town is named Mont Megantic and features a cone shaped mountain with an observatory perched atop. It's eighty degrees and 90 percent humidity as I wake up this morning putting the humidex (how it feels) at 95. Sleep was iffy to put it best (especially when the electricity went out and there wasn't even a fucking fan for two hours). Soon I've got to dash out and pick up the rental car, then rush around picking up things and getting our shit together to leave.

Bitterness. You look forward to something and then just as you are about to do it you are robbed of your ability to enjoy it (lack of sleep in my case.) Ah well, there's always tomorrow when we'll be taking the night tour to the observatory (I'll take pics) and viewing the stars with unfettered visibility (or so say the meteorologues). During the day we'll be a) taking a hike in the forest if the temps are bearable or b) kayaking on the cool waters of Lake Megantic.

I'll post if I can, we are staying at a friend's house equipped with a computer. Not much else going on to write about, the muse is on vacation and my head is cloudy. Peace.

1 comment:

r said...

Hope it's cool, both the weather and your little getaway.