Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's only money, right?

Is it just a given that there will be marital tussles over finances? In our household, like many, there are often disputes over how best to utilize the resources. And while we both agree that far too much is devoted to tobacco, we don't seem to be making any headway on reducing that expenditure. That's where we agree anyway.

Though we are married, we have separated our bills, each taking the responsibilty for paying certain ones. The problem is that one member of the house tends to overlook some of the due dates on the bills, and misplans the use of the weekly pay and bloats the credit cards to keep up. (Hint, it isn't me)

Is it considered codependant to get narded up about the moolah habits of dear spouse? Because I'm a little narded up today. Trying to figure out if I have a problem or if there is a problem.

I pretty much live by one axiom in this arena - can't spend more than I take in. It's a system that works for me and has enabled me to save. Surprisingly, some view me with hatred for this. (usually those who are bad with money)

Well, there's only black spewy negativity issuing forth today, so I better go.

4 comments:

r said...

Yes my friend, you are a bit co-dependent (notice the spelling). How is this different from any of a number of financial events in your cohabitated life?

You have one way of looking at money, he has another. It nards you up, but it's always narded you up.

Nonetheless, it's still a problem, a problem for both of you.

Maybe he should give you a chunk of his paycheck each month, and you pay all the bills. That way, things get paid on time, and he pays his way without "forgetting."

Not that I can solve anyone's financial dilemmas.

No.

Maybe I'm not the person to be handing out advice.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
r said...

Wow. I got all excited to see four comments and two are from spammers. That sucks.

I wonder if there is a way to get rid of them... they seem to be proliforating like wabbits.