Sunday, September 11, 2005

Coffee chat

Ah, Sunday morning, the pressure is off. Sitting before the keyboard with my coffee, I ponder a topic and listen to the birds outside heralding the day. It seems I'm usually a bit silly and sappy on Sundays, so why break the trend.

The week has been quite eventful and there are some memories made that I will carry with me for many years. At the beginning of the week, there were a few personal tales from the Katrina/New Orleans event that I will not be able to shake. I'm not going to go into it here, I'm sure you've read your share of horror stories too. Then Wednesday, I'll never forget sitting in front of the Olympic stadium on the curb, relocating my toe. It almost seems like a dream now it was so horrific.

I've also gone back to working five days a week. This, I haven't done in two years. I prefer four, but hey when there's money lying on the floor, are you going to pick it up? I have 14 classes and 43 students this session which will conclude just before Christmas. I have lots of new students, and this is great because I can drag out my tried and true activities that they haven't done before. Am I boring you yet?

The sun is definitely plunging in the sky. The arc is getting so low now that the garden only gets sun from 9-2. It was 43 yesterday morning (6C) , and so, very soon the leaves will get the hint and start changing color. (Though the peak color will be around the tenth of October) Summer will wrestle with autumn for a month or so now and we'll have warm spates mixed with cool blasts from the north. I adore autumn.

What else? Not much, I want to go play, stroll (limp) and ride my bike on this beautiful Sunday in Montreal. See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your beautiful blog entries. Fall is coming here, too. I'm very happy about it.

Anonymous said...

You teach? Awesome, so do I (to a certain extent, heh). What kind of activities are you planning to do?

r said...

is it "spates" or "spats"?

Or are "spats" just those fancy shoes?

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

How's the toe now?

Autumn is rearing its head in the UK, the leaves are going golden brown ;-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful